Sr. Compute DevOps EngineerApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Sr. Compute DevOps Engineerprimary function will be to advance the infrastructure teams from a traditional infrastructure methodology to an infrastructure as code approach.In this role at Sleep Number, you will be responsible for developing automated self-service deployments of infrastructure technologies, Developing and providing support for our internal self-service portal, and helping to lead the hosting services team through the DevOps journey.
- Build out the automation for the hosting services team, which includes the Windows/Linux OS platforms, Storage platforms and DB platforms.
- Roadmap, architect, and collaborate with development teams to transition to an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Assist with the design and building of reliable, fault tolerant cloud infrastructure following industry best practices.
- Perform hands on management of cloud infrastructure
- Thought leader across multiple teams and technologies to drive change into teams to move towards and infrastructure as code approach.
- Build out a service centric model for shared infrastructure services.
- Provide coaching and recommendations for Agile methodologies
- Operational support of core infrastructure services
Key Performance Indicators:
- Using automation to reduce operational workload to support teams.
- Fully Automated configuration management, with 100% unit and regression testing
- Automated repeatable processes
- Fully automated CI/CD pipeline that other teams can leverage
- Providing a unified environment for developers
- 5+ years of server OS automation experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure automation experience
- 2+ years cloud experience
- 4 years college degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art cloud development practices in both private and public clouds and experience leveraging modern development practices with Python, Ruby or equivalent languages
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Ansible, and Terraform
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible
- Experience in Linux and familiar with building private cloud infrastructure
- Experienced in Infrastructure as Code practices and in applying test driven development practices to infrastructure
- Excited to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with Grafana Cloud, O365
- Experience with CICD tools such as Drone, Github
- Experience with containerization technologies
- M-F Day shift.
- Rotational On-call
- Off hours Production maintenance windows.
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative