Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Sleep Number Labs is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer and leader to guide and support our cloud-based services on AWS and help us maintain reliability and scalability as we grow rapidly.
Our cloud backend is built on a scale out architecture to support hundreds of thousands of connected devices that send data every second to be processed by highly distributed fault tolerant multi clusters on AWS platform using Scala/Java, Cassandra, Apache Spark, and Kafka along with host of other bleeding edge open-source tools and frameworks. Components of our system that are helpful to be familiar with include AWS deployment and services such as EC2, S3, CloudWatch, OpsWorks, RDS (SQL Server) and Cassandra database technologies, using Java and Scala along with open-source frameworks Play with Netty, Kafka, Hazelcast and Apache Tomcat. The role requires leading and collaborating with software engineers, QA engineers, external partners, and service providers.
- Lead the Sleep Number Labs DevOps engineering team and perform 25% hands-on work designing and developing automation for all environments to support build, deploy and monitoring, work closely and cross-functionally with developers, quality engineers and management to support project releases.
- Implement operational best practices, standards, operational efficiencies, processes, and tools to deliver a highly available, highly scalable, highly reliable "always on" technology all year round which can be measured for continuous improvement. Ensure the platform maintains 99.99% uptime.
- Ensure high availability and 24x7 monitoring
- Continually improve DevOps tools, processes, and procedures
- Own production incidents/issues, provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts
- Provide leadership in Sleep Number Labs DevOps and work cross-functionally with peers and management to ensure solid operating mechanisms
- BS in Computer Science or other relevant work experience
- A minimum of 10+ years of experience in the DevOps/SRE/Server Engineering field
- Significant experience as a leader in the design, operation, and management of a cloud-based SaaS product
- DevOps experience with cloud connected devices systems, distributed applications and databases using Java, Scala, Apache Tomcat, Netty, Hazelcast, Cassandra or any other NoSQL, RDBMS
- Strong working knowledge of automating AWS configuration, build and deployments using any of the following - Puppet, Chef, CloudFormation, OpsWorks or other equivalent
- Strong understanding and experience in AWS VPC, network management and datacenter operations
- Working knowledge and experience in developing and supporting security standards PCI, HIPAA etc. for infrastructure security and auditing
- Production systems troubleshooting, root cause analysis, performance monitoring and improvements
- Ability to operate within aggressive timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics