Home Delivery Helper
You’ll impact customers in a big way — from smart bed assembly to technology demos — setting them up for an amazing experience and proven, quality sleep. This is a career filled with autonomy and independence, as well as the opportunities and support you need to drive your career forward.
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of Home Delivery professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
- Detail Oriented
- Team Player
“If you stay diligent and work hard, you will progress here. Before you know it, you’ll look up and will be further along than you thought or imagined.”Jaquwan, Home Delivery Driver
The Home Delivery Helper is critical to Sleep Numbers success in order to meet customer demands after peak market share events. This role takes direction from the Sleep Number Home Delivery team to deliver and assemble Sleep Number beds and products in customer’s homes. The Home Delivery Helper interacts with customers and Sleep Number employees on a daily basis.
- Work with a Sleep Number Technician to conduct visits in customer’s homes to include delivering, relocating and assembling products to specifications
- Ensures that all work is conducted in a safe, efficient and professional manner
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-employees and Sleep Number leadership
- Follows directions of the Sleep Number Home Delivery Technician coworker safely and accurately
- Supports and models Sleep Number’s Code of Business Conduct
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Be able to pass a criminal record check and drug screen
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- High school diploma or equivalent certification preferred
Compensation and Benefits
At Sleep Number, we believe that by embracing individuality amongst our employees, we create a wonderful and memorable experience for our customers. We provide flexible schedules and an excellent paid training in a supportive environment. This role comes with a competitive hourly pay, plus bonus potential and excellent benefits!
Other benefits of the delivery role include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) Plan with Company Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Plan with Quarterly Payout Opportunity
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Discounts
- And Much More!
This is the start of something big — because we give our home delivery professionals every opportunity to thrive in their role and beyond. Where will your path take you?
Rewards & Benefits
Home delivery bonus plan with quarterly payout opportunity; 401(k) plan + match
Full benefits within 30 days
Small, close-knit team that’s committed to a common goal: making the customer happy
Paid time off and company holidays
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Companywide platform makes it easy to give and receive feedback + regular contests and incentives
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location
West Fargo, North DakotaView