This is no ordinary sales role; it’s a full-time career in a store like no other. At Sleep Number, you’re empowered to build real customer relationships, create individualized sleep experiences and redefine what people think a bed can do. Join us and become part of a fast-growing technology company that’s shaping the future of sleep and wellness. It’s the chance to grow in your career, earn a great income and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Level: Entry/Mid-level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of sales professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
“The company provides training, support, second-to-none products and beautiful showrooms to present them in. If you combine all of that with a passion for connecting with and helping others, you’ll be successful.”Edward, Sleep Expert
The Sales Store Greeter role is designed to improve the customer experience, primarily in high volume stores, during busy time periods. They will do so by welcoming customers, keeping them warm and engaged, and allowing our sales force time to complete their current sales presentation fully and thoroughly before moving to those customers waiting to be helped.
- Greet/welcome customers through the door during busy selling periods
- Work with Store Managers to determine the best means to keep the customers warm and engaged until a salesperson can help them
- Be knowledgeable of Sleep Number product, culture, and customer experience expectations
- Help with visual merchandising/restocking as needed
- Clean up/reset after sales presentations as needed
- Assist in other non-selling duties as needed
- Read, understand and follow all company policies and procedures
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned
- May be responsible for order entry in Seibel
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to maintain customer engagement while waiting
- Ability to provide excellent customer experience
- Ability to navigate effectively and efficiently in Seibel
- Keeping store product away and in place to ensure a seamless presentation for each customer
- Performing non-selling duties up to Store Manager’s standard
Experience / Education
- A minimum of 1+ years customer facing experience preferred but not required
- Preference for customer service experience in high end sales environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to deliver high levels of customer satisfaction by providing an engaging and professional interaction
- Exceptional communication skills
- Adept at using technology required for store operations
- High energy, enthusiastic and motivated demeanor
- Able to adapt and grow in a changing, fast-paced work environment
- Genuine desire to grow and learn, as well as contribute positively to a team-oriented work environment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and able to demonstrate English language proficiency; second language skills encouraged
- Ability to work a flexible schedule dictated by business needs; typical retail hours to include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 45 lbs and occasionally up to 65 lbs
- A commitment to professional appearance and attitude (brand dress code); willingness to represent the brand with integrity at all times
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
This is the start of something big — because we give our sales professionals every opportunity to thrive in their role and beyond. You can even move into a training or events role or join our corporate office. Where will your path take you?
Rewards & Benefits
We offer health, wellness, insurance and financial programs to support you in pursuing your best self now.
Earn a competitive hourly rate, a commission that begins after your first $10K sales every month (with no caps!), and a bonus paid on individual sales when your store meets its goal.
You’ll get substantial product discounts, robust training and development and tuition reimbursement.
Health & Wellness
We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) with company match, life insurance, HSAs/FSAs and more.
PTO, Programs and Recognition
Enjoy generous paid time off and company holidays, a variety of leave programs and formal employee recognition.
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location