This is no ordinary sales role; it’s a full-time career in a store like no other. At Sleep Number, you’re empowered to build real customer relationships, create individualized sleep experiences and redefine what people think a bed can do. Join us and become part of a fast-growing technology company that’s shaping the future of sleep and wellness. It’s the chance to grow in your career, earn a great income and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Level: Entry/Mid-level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of sales professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
"Sleep Number not only enables you to improve customers' lives, it also empowers you to improve your employees' and own life as well through always living its mission."Rafael Roddriguez, Store Manager, Sleep Number setting 30
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career and experience unlimited earning potential in an innovative, team-oriented environment. Our proprietary products, exclusive distribution, best-in-class sales training and relationship-based sales process enable you to build lifelong relationships and a rewarding, long-term career. Our retail sales professionals convey a passion for our products and their customers, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and represent the Sleep Number brand with the highest integrity.
- Provide a world-class customer experience. Utilize a proven sales process to discover each customer’s unique sleep needs and lead them through a selection of Sleep Number products that will deliver “the best sleep of their life.”
- Build relationships with customers. Proactively and effectively communicate product features and benefits, as well as promotional information. Provide timely, relevant follow-up.
- Demonstrate a tenacious drive for results. Be accountable for becoming a trusted, successful “Sleep Expert” and consistently exceeding sales goals.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to make a connection with a diverse array of customers.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role, preferably high-end sales.
- A commitment to professional appearance and attitude; willingness to represent the brand with integrity at all times.
- Adept at using technology required for store operations (e.g., POS systems) and sales presentations (e.g., interactive demonstrations, iPad, apps); technology engagers and early adopters preferred.
- Able to adapt and grow in a changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Genuine desire to grow and learn, as well as contribute positively to a team-oriented work environment.
- Motivated by a pay-for-performance compensation plan.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; typical retail hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and able to demonstrate English language proficiency. Second language skills encouraged.
- Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent required. Additional education and training preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Guaranteed base pay, plus commission and bonus plan
- Health/dental/vision coverage within 30 days
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off and company holidays
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
This is the start of something big — because we give our sales professionals every opportunity to thrive in their role and beyond. You can even move into a training or events role or join our corporate office. Where will your path take you?
Rewards & Benefits
We offer health, wellness, insurance and financial programs to support you in pursuing your best self now.
Earn a competitive hourly rate, an uncapped commission, and a team bonus paid when your store meets its goal.
You’ll get substantial product discounts, robust training and development and tuition reimbursement.
Health & Wellness
We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) with company match, life insurance, HSAs/FSAs and more.
PTO, Programs and Recognition
Enjoy generous paid time off and company holidays, a variety of leave programs and formal employee recognition.
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Get to know us better
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location
Town of Delafield, WisconsinView