Manufacturing Maintenance TechnicianApply
Increases operational efficiency of manufacturing plants by providing maintenance support for production equipment (including sewing, quilting, injection molding, automated assembly machines and general facilities maintenance). Provides preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, fine tuning and optimizing of all plant equipment to reduce downtime and increase product quality. Works directly with machine operators, department managers and engineering departments to ensure smooth operations in the production areas.
- Locates sources of machine problems by listening to and observing a wide variety of mechanical devices in operation (including sewing, quilting, injection molding and automated assembly machines). Uses precision measuring and testing instruments to determine faults and fixes.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts. Uses rules, calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments.
- Control and minimize machine downtime by working with department managers for routing preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Documents all work performed using computer-based service reporting procedures.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains operational continuity with production and engineering teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Uses Lockout/Tagout and other safety processes as required.
- Reassemble machines, fine tunes and adjusts equipment under both static and dynamic conditions.
- Oil, lubricate and maintain production equipment. Adhere to established PM schedules and remain in compliance with SOPs. Keep required records.
- Participates in training and cross-training efforts.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and establishing personal networks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ maintenance experience in a high-pressure manufacturing environment or equivalent training
- High School diploma or GED
- Technical degree preferred
- Experience with electrical troubleshooting, PLCs and VFDs. Electrical background a plus
- Technical certifications a plus
- Ability to interpret electrical, mechanical and pneumatic schematics and blueprint
- Strong knowledge of all electrical voltages and ability to trouble shoot electrical mechanical equipment (24,110, 240 and 480 V). Single and 3 Phase A/C and D/C
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals, procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and regulations.
- Ability to rotate into different maintenance areas seamlessly.
- Excellent written communication
- Ability to subtract, add, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Able to take initiative and work independently as needed
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative