Sr. Manager QA (Embedded Systems)Apply
The Sr. Manager QA will lead a team of SDET engineers, focusing on improving the overall quality of the SN LABS software by growing and enhancing the Automation framework, tooling, process, and methodologies. In this role, the Manager, QA will work with Leadership to accelerate the coverage, adoption, and capabilities of existing automation systems while also keeping an eye to the future for innovations and changes which can be made to further facilitate those goals. This position will report to the Director, QA.
- Lead a SDET team to develop and improve the Automated testing coverage and quality.
- Lead the improvement and implementation of best practices, methodologies, and tooling to meet quality coverage needs for all Embedded Software Operations.
- Utilize Agile software development practices, continuous integration, code reviews, version control systems.
- Manage a geographically distributed team, including offshore.
- Coordinate with other Managers and Directors in defining the end-to-end design/build/test/release process
- Hold teams accountable for their work by setting expectations, achieving commitments, providing feedback, and evaluating effectiveness.
- Be an effective at communicating with direct manager and upper management, and synthesizing relevant information on key milestones, success criteria and risks.
- Provide work estimates, risk assessments and KPIs for automation of projects, test sets and/or individual test cases.
- Escalate critical issues to senior leadership appropriately.
- Provide guidance in the evaluation of code coverage tools.
- Support production releases and subsequent issue resolution resulting from code deployments.
- Expand usage and ease of use of the automated framework for use by QA and SDETs engineers, as well as Engineers in other cross-functional teams
- Lead integration of automated testing tools and technologies with other aspects of the engineering, infrastructure, and support toolsets.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or relevant fields required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of industry experience in software development industry with some focused on developing test automation solutions preferably with modern toolsets
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a managerial/leadership role
- Experience in IoT and/or embedded devices engineering Knowledge, Skills & Abilities.
- Experience with software test methodologies, test planning, test automation, test tooling, and quality standards and metrics
- Knowledge on usability, performance, scalability, and security testing
- Experience with object-oriented programming languages and techniques C++, Python (preferred) or Java.
- Experience developing automated tests that integrate into existing testing frameworks or with new scalable and reusable testing frameworks
- Experience working with Jenkins or comparable CI/CD software.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication abilities.
- Passion for new technologies.
- Care deeply about writing high-performance, reusable code for components that will be used across the SN LABS platform.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics