Sr Director, Mobile App DevelopmentApply
The Senior Director, Mobile Engineering is responsible for leading a global team of mobile software engineers, focused on modern iOS and Android development of Sleep Number’s SIQ platform for mobile environments. This position will report to the CTO and collaborate with Product, PMO, QA, operational teams and other engineering managers. This role will be responsible for leading and managing a global team of iOS and Android developers focusing on performance, velocity and individual team member development. The successful candidate will be deeply hands-on technical working as a senior individual contributor to the architecture and design efforts when needed, and will provide front-line engineering and people management.
- Drive technical development and support various mobile products for the SIQ platform
- Develop and deliver world class mobile products
- Build/Manage/Grow a high performing team of iOS and Android engineers
- Provide guidance to technology partners on complexity and delivery estimates
- Work cross functionally in an agile fashion with Cloud, DevOps, QA, TPM, Data Science and Analytics teams to deliver successful end to end releases and product launches
- Working with Product team to develop and devise clear requirements and business cases
- Designing, developing, and testing application code.
- Solving problems using modern languages and frameworks.
- Working with business analysts to understand and implement complex business functionality.
- Creating well-designed, well-implemented data layers.
- Being a member of an Agile team (standups, estimation, iterative development CI, demos, retrospectives).
- 10-15 year’s strong technical experience in web and mobile app technologies
- Experience in mobile programming languages (Swift and Objective-C) and an expert in iOS development platforms. Android experience will be a plus
- Must have strong experience in debugging, code coverage, code analyzer / profiler and unit testing tools
- Expertise in architecting, designing and developing highly scalable large scale and available applications
- Ability to lead, inspire, and motivate global teams through effective communications
- Well versed in real-time networking, mobile network issues, concurrency and threading
- Collaborating with DevOps, Release Engineering, and Operations to automate deployments.
- Analyzing application specifications and technology approaches to ensure business requirements are met and scalable for future product releases.
- Managing a team of developers and analysts throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Strong experience in Swift/Obj-C and/or Java/ Kotlin and associated mobile technologies
- Experience with React Native and/or Cordova a strong plus
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics