Senior Software Engineer in TestApply
The Sr Software Engineer in Test will have responsibility for helping define, implement, run, and maintain tests as well as automation tools and processes applicable to an Internet-of-Things (IoT) embedded device. In addition to developing device and API level automation testing infrastructure, this role is accountable for contributing test scripts and scenarios so a strong understanding of product functionality will be essential. Along with robustness and stability, scale is an important component of all SleepIQ Technologies so load and performance testing considerations are also key responsibilities.
- Responsible for the testing and quality of embedded Software and Firmware components of an IoT device supporting millions of end-users
- Create and prepare test plans and test cases for software based on functional documentation and/or application behavior(s)
- Debug and troubleshoot application components in a RTOS/Linux environment
- Accountable for the development and documentation of test automation frameworks and tools used to validate software developed in support of SleepIQ Labs deliverables
- Maintain the highest possible standard for all code and scripts entering in to automation infrastructure though the use of coding standards and review processes
- Support the adoption, use, and expansion of automated testing across the various QA (Quality Assurance) teams
- Work closely with Architects, Developers, DevOps, Product Owners and QA team members to produce high-quality products on schedule while being resource efficient
- Support the prioritization of deliverables in a dynamic and fluid environment while maintaining standards required to enhance end-user satisfaction
- Contribute to the technological advancement of a team made up of innovative and diverse engineers dedicated to delivering the Sleep Number brand promise.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field required
- 7 + years of experience in a software development organization
- Experience creating well organized test automation libraries and test suites for embedded devices
- Strong experience with Python, C, or possibly Java with a preference towards Python required
- Experience with both cloud-based application and networked device deployments and troubleshooting
- Highly successful working in CI/CD environment with the ability to both implement processes and procedures from scratch as well as improve existing infrastructure
- Highly passionate about doing work with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience working in an AWS environment is a plus
- Experience with Selenium is a plus
- Experience with automated testing is required
- Experience with the Robot Framework is required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication abilities
- Strong knowledge of source control management, coding standards, code review, and build and release processes (e.g. Git, Jenkins)
- Scripting skills in bash and similar environments required
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics