Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Sleep Innovation Team, a part of Sleep Number Corporation, is a fast moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of bringing people better health and well-being through the best possible sleep experience. Simply put, we aim to be the leader in sleep. We combine our established expertise in creating comfortable, adjustable beds with the latest in sleep science, cutting-edge sensor technology, and data processing algorithms. The position is as a highly multi-functional individual contributor, design engineer, and systems architect . The ideal candidate has core IOT competencies and subject matter expertise in various aspects of computer systems & product design
The ideal candidate will be able to provide System Architecture Guidance Work with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design to guide product system integration feasibility, feature & design trade-offs, early PCB floorplan and route studies Utilize schematic and layout tools such as Cadence Concept & Allegro; develop new and novel methods of pre-route guidance Predict & prepare for future product system integration & interconnect needs Guide system level and component level packaging and integration Lead early design team members during the architectural phase of product development. Review, challenge, & influence x-functional roadmaps. Negotiate design rules for system design, PCBA, and interconnect manufacturing Work with x-functional engineering Directors and architects on HW/SW/MFG enabling technologies Create internal & external system specifications; keep current with technology trends & roadmaps Review, challenge, & influence system performance decisions Work with Performance engineers to define, simulate, and model product performance vs. power (performance per watt) Analyze and guide thermal management solutions and trade-offs Review, challenge, & influence people and process. Define, develop, and utilize tools, scripts, automation, and methods of system analysis Mentor junior engineers for best practices in systems development and institutionalized processes. Provide guidance and enthusiasm to negotiate development process & capabilities Be successful navigating ambiguity & x-functional organizational challenges; thrive in a demanding environment
- Be able to regularly context switch between current and future initiatives
- Provide HW architectural guidance to cross -functional engineering teams and help in coming out with System Requirement Document
- Define, guide, and own aspects of system electrical architecture product definition.
- Experience is expected in analyzing key system trade-offs and proposing solutions including but not limited to: design of high performance / low power / high-quality products; guiding system electrical & mechanical layouts, feature integration feasibility; identifying enabling technologies; developing pre-net list PCB floorplan & stack-up feasibility considering component package & thermal design; navigating signal integrity, power budgeting; negotiating x-functional stakeholder requirements.
- Strong analytical, communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- BS EE w/ 10+ years; MS EE w/5 years overall experience in developing consumer products
- Experience in IOT industry a must.
- Must have hands-on experience in prototype bring-up and debugging, functional verification, and manufacturing support.
- Ability to navigate compliance requirements
- Must have created and influenced system specification documents for electrical, power delivery, thermal, and physical fit requirements
- Ability to navigate hi-speed design and layout rules of modern interfaces
- Must have created, defined, and successfully presented material to upper management and influenced decision-makers
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills; have proficient written, verbal, negotiation, and communication skills.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to engineering team members
- Preferred Tools experience
- Schematic Capture and Layout
- PCB Simulation & Signal integrity tools
- Analysis and Automation: Matlab & Python
- Light business travel as required
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics