Director, Technical Program ManagementApply
SN LABS, a part of Sleep Number, is a fast moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of bringing people better health and well-being through the best possible sleep experience. Simply put, we aim to be the leader in sleep. We combine our established expertise in creating comfortable, adjustable beds with the latest in sleep science, cutting-edge sensor technology, and data processing algorithms.
As a leader in the Technical Program Management group, you will be managing complex programs comprised of multiple sub projects that come together as a complete system/product that delights our customers. You will also manage relationships with other groups in the company such as the mattress and bases group, the commercialization group, the IT department, supply chain and consumer experience and testing groups.
- Manage product integration within the product innovation team and the integration with other teams under different operating mechanisms and different priorities as IT and supply chain teams
- Manage employee and consumer early (beta) test protocols of new products, creating strong process and procedures to gather feedback, prioritize it and report status to upper management
- Solve conflicts in schedule and resource allocation
- Produce impactful program presentations to be used at the highest levels of the company up to the CEO and Executive staff
- Drive adoption of world class processes, tools, and technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced degree (MS or Ph.D) strongly preferred
- 10+ years of experience in high tech industry (non software-only)
- 5+ years of program and project management including development budgets of several million dollars of complex, state-of-the-art products
- Strong track record of delivering complex, high value deliverables through deep technical analysis combining business and technology considerations, risks profiles and calendar constraints
- Ability to leverage the voice of the business and identify the largest impact activities
- Demonstrable experience completing products to initial customers and through maturity, cost reduction, optimization and feature increments in a multi-year process (2 to 5 years)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Deep understanding of traditional processes of new product introduction
- Highly skilled with MS-Office suite. Ability to produce high quality documentation, analysis and other materials using a combination of tools like Excel, Power-point and Word
- Multi-year experience in measuring quality using controls and metrics that can be used for data driven decision making
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to connect with individuals expressing different points of view and with varying levels of experience
- Ability to make timely, data-driven recommendations, communicate these to management, discuss and support decisions even if these are different than the initial recommendation
- Extremely strong management by influence skillset to ensure the cross functional team meets or exceeds project deliverable timelines and objectives
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics