Director, Technical Product StrategyApply
Sleep Number Labs, a part of Sleep Number, is a fast moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of bringing people better health and well-being through the best possible sleep experience. Simply put, we aim to be the leader in sleep. We combine our established expertise in creating comfortable, adjustable beds with the latest in sleep science, cutting-edge sensor technology, and data processing algorithms.
This position provides technical strategic expertise to new product development, existing product development, and standard product support at the executive level. This individual will be a key member in Sleep Number’s strategic technical execution in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
- Review and develop technical product strategy with the CTO and leadership team and define key strategic priorities, objectives, goals, action plans, and measures
- Drive key strategic technical projects cross-functionally to structure problems, develop hypotheses, conduct analyses to turn data into insights, and drive solutions and actionable recommendations
- Develop opportunities and initiatives to grow the business or enter new markets, across personas, categories, geos, verticals, etc.
- Evaluate new and existing strategic investments and growth projects and facilitate prioritization and portfolio reallocation
- Research market opportunities, adjacencies, emerging trends, and industry/competitive landscape, and define strategic implications
- Translate strategy into execution with actionable plans and roadmaps
- Collaborate with senior executives to communicate our strategy internally and externally
- Strong track record of delivering complex, high value deliverables through organizational change, development, market analysis, product and program management
- Designing and executing strategies that converge business and technology for the benefit of increased revenue, margin and optimal customer experience
- Ability to leverage the voice of the business and identify the largest impact while building passionate high performing teams
- 15+ years of technology product development experience
- Experience delivering software products used by external end-users
- Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or MBA required
- Deep experience with Agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience successfully leading significant technical projects to completion
- Experience in managing technical strategic initiatives, including framing the problem, conducting research and analysis, synthesizing recommendations, and building actionable business and operational plans
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who takes initiative in a fast-paced, innovative high-growth environment
- Technical depth in: Technology Product Development, Internet of things (IOT), SaaS, PaaS, AWS, Azure, APIs, Sensors, Security, DevOps and Application development
- Good understanding and experience in Digital Health. Knowledge of HIPAA, Remote monitoring, EMR/EHR systems
- Experience with working in a regulated industry
- Software / SaaS industry domain experience, ideally with exposure to IoT, DevOps, IT Ops, or infrastructure software
- Effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives and cross-functional teams
- Strong communicator, able to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing, comfortable in both business and technical discussions
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to connect people with different points of view and with varying levels of experience
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics