Director, Sleep Number Labs OperationsApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Individuality is our foundation at Sleep Number. Our purpose driven company is comprised of over 4,800 passionate team members who are dedicated to our mission of improving lives by individualizing sleep experiences. Our 360® smart beds provide each sleeper with adjustable, personalized comfort for proven quality sleep. We have improved more than 13 million lives as we strive to advance society's wellbeing through higher quality sleep.
Sleep science and data are the core of our innovations. Our award-winning 360 smart beds benefit from our proprietary SleepIQ® technology - learning from over 9 billion hours of highly accurate sleep data - to provide effortless comfort and individualized sleep health insights, including your daily SleepIQ® score.
Sleep Number Labs, a subsidiary of Sleep Number Corporation, is a fast moving, highly technical team of people with the ambitious goal of bringing people better health and well-being through the best possible sleep experience. We combine our established expertise in creating comfortable, adjustable beds with the latest in sleep science, cutting-edge sensor technology, IOT architecture and data processing algorithms. Sleep Number Labs is the pioneer of biometric sensor solutions and sleep monitoring technologies and owns the most comprehensive sleep data in the market.
We're looking for a Chief of Staff to the CTO with a strong background in technology and a thorough knowledge of key business practices and acumen. Our ideal candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, self-driven and able to passionately articulate technology initiatives across the entire organization. This role will be a key member of CTO’s leadership team and will act as a strategist, advisor, and decision-maker through involvement with operations, recruiting, and special ad hoc projects. The ideal candidate will act as an extension of the CTO to balance priorities, communicate effectively, and maximize the effectiveness of the leadership team. The ideal candidate must be a strong and essential contributor to senior management team in developing the operating strategy and ensuring overall profitability and process improvements SleepIQ business. Thought leadership, a general management mind-set, and the ability to execute flawlessly will be key to this individual’s success. The individual we are seeking must have a strong drive to succeed in a very competitive global environment, lead with vision and enthusiasm, and be committed to leading by example.
Operations/Chief of Staff:
- Operates as a critical partner to Vice President, CTO while managing day to day operations at Sleep Number Labs in San Jose and managing multiple offshore partners.\
- Define strategic objectives, projects, initiatives, and implemented decision-making processes to drive programs, oversight and monitoring to ensure meeting key commits and KPI’s.
- Partnership with cross functional leaders and team develop and document methods, processes, tools, compliance
- Financials/Budget/Reporting: Budget management and financial monitoring. Develop and oversee programs and products within budgets and reducing costs.
- Responsibilities include driving technology initiatives and activities, executive communications, operational projects, as well as leading people and partnering with CTO for internal and external engagements.
- Technical Project Management and reporting of Quarterly goals. Maintaining strategic backlog of technology topics for leadership team review.
- Partnership with Product Architecture on standardization and process.
- Manage and maintain Offshore Vendor partners; overseeing the full life cycle of offshore teams, responsible for reporting and budgeting, and identifying process and improvement opportunities to drive greater efficiency.
General Manager/Facility Management:
- Oversee day to day operations including the budget for the San Jose office in partnership with Facilities and Property Management
- Be the point person for corporate HR as an advocate and champion for all people initiatives
- 10+ years’ experience as senior software leadership, product management, technical project management or similar role in technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, computer science or related field. MBA strongly preferred
- Experience in complex, critical project management roles while seeking simple solutions
- Deep familiarity with highly technical product development teams and processes across software, product, user experience, and data science, and an understanding of the applicability of different skills and methodologies.
- Outstanding facilitation, collaboration, and influencing skills with the ability to influence, create relationships and collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels
- Experience in business planning, strategy, and operations and budget management
- Must have exceptional communication skills and be capable and comfortable interfacing with executives, BOD, clients, and partners
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time internationally
- Strong and proven ability in inspiring, motivating, and leading high performing teams in a fast-paced engineer organization across multiple locations globally
- Good understanding of IoT products and platforms
- This role maintains highly sensitive and confidential information requiring discretion
- Project managing board meeting preparation and creation of meeting materials and running quarterly business reviews
- Creating and updating dashboards to track changes in key metrics
- Established strategic supplier partnerships, and supplier oversight/monitoring
- Tracking high priority initiatives for the executive and identifying any obstacles
- Communicating initiative status to the executive, pulling in other executives or team members as necessary
- TBD post Pandemic, Quarterly travel required, including both domestic and some international, to grow and develop diverse multi-national teams and to collaborate with colleagues and customers around the world
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics