Director, Embedded SoftwareApply
The Director of Embedded Software reports to Sr Director of Embedded software team and is responsible for leading the Sleep Number Labs embedded software team. The team of software developers designs, builds and maintains the embedded software for the Sleep Number products. This position will involve recruiting/mentoring/retaining the embedded software talent, working with the cross-functional teams on resource and project planning, execution and optimization of product development to bring forth leading edge technologies and features to the Sleep Number product portfolio.
- Be an expert at understanding the latest and greatest technologies in the IoT and embedded software areas, drive awareness of how those connect to our business, and ability to design for the future
- Lead, build, motivate, develop and manage a high performing engineering team to build leading edge innovative products
- Lead teams to establish overall product requirements, driving project plans and schedules and allocating resources and budgets
- Accountable for on-time product releases
- Provide deep technical expertise to the organization
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, product performance and operational support load
- Build and lead an agile and innovative team responsible for developing and maintaining a stable and secure environment that meets the needs of our consumers Key Performance Indicators
- Enables Sleep Number device software to stay competitive and relevant and support the business
- Sought after for direction and advice by co-workers and team
- Drive delivery of high quality work on time and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience leading Engineering teams
- Experience in IoT and/or embedded devices engineering Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and interest in IoT trends that impacts the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills
- Great communication skills across organizations Working Conditions (if applicable) • Standard office environment
- Experience with embedded Linux and Android projects at all levels: kernel, middleware, and application
- Experience with test automation for full-stack software development
- Experience with electrical/electronic hardware development and manufacturing methods and standards
- Experience with software test methodologies, test planning, test automation, test tooling, and quality standards and metrics
- Expertise in designing and optimizing the key system characteristics of usability, performance, scalability, and security
- Experience with projects involving significant cloud service backends
- IoT, wearable, digital assistant, smart connected and devices/consumer electronics
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics