SewerSalt Lake City, Utah Apply
As a Sewer with Sleep Number, you will produce high quality covers, coverlets, and subassemblies to meet business demand.
- Operate an industrial sewing machine, performing a variety of stitch types
- Properly sew a variety of covers, coverlets, and/or subassemblies
- Layout and cut materials using patterns, scissors, and/or cutting equipment
- Visually inspect subassemblies and finished goods per quality standards
- Apply appropriate product, safety, and regulatory labels
- Must be able to cross train to job task, as directed
- Complete documentation as required
- Participate in cycle counts and periodic physical inventories, as required.
- Comply with Codes of Conduct and Safe Practice.
- Operate scanners for traceability.
- Actively participate in shift transition communication.
- Assist in training new or existing employees, as required.
- Maintain work area, tooling, and 5s expectations
- Report issues /concerns to leadership, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Sewing experience preferred
- Lean experience, preferred
- Ability to operate lock stitch, chain stitch, serging and tape edge machines.
- Ability to use calculators, scanners, and scissors.
- Ability to read and understand SOP’s
- Able to manipulate large, bulky material; perform with finger dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Able to lift 20 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally; perform repetitive bending/twisting motions.
- Reach, stand, walk, sit, push, pull, and grasp materials and tools
- Able to stand 8 hours or more per shift
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to material handling equipment, moderate noise and the use of protective eye equipment
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative