Safety and Training CoordinatorApply
We are seeking a Manufacturing Safety and Training Coordinator to join our team. The Manufacturing and Safety Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the overall safety and training onboarding and initiatives throughout a single facility. This position will work alongside other Safety, Training, Production and HR team members in order to elevate our overall safety and training culture and accountability of both new and current team members.
- Responsible for clerical and administrative duties related to the delivery of safety, training, and organizational development programs.
- Responsible for building and maintaining training calendar of classes, assigning available Facilitators, Moderators, and Training Assistants, work directly with the HR Business Partners and Production Managers to determine class start dates.
- Maintain database of all safety occurrences for the site.
- Partner cross-functionally to ensure a seamless onboarding experience for new hires.
- Liaison with Safety and Training Managers to identify potential gaps within individual sites and take action as needed.
- Conduct safety audits throughout the facility to identify and correct unsafe conditions and unsafe acts.
- Manages overall safety incident documentation as per OSHA safety guidelines
- Obtain and maintain new hire roster, create user information sheets, create and maintain master class tracking sheet.
- Manage the set-up and maintenance of our Teams file structure for class materials, daily game plan communication to Training Assistants and Moderator, curriculum schedule maintenance
- Executes and/or leads other Manufacturing safety and training initiatives as identified and/or assigned
- Communicate on a regular basis with other safety personnel throughout the company to promote consistency in the application of safety policies and programs throughout the Company and share any safety related concerns.
- Act as a key training resource and able to flex in to facilitate training as business needs dictate
- 2-year Degree or commensurate professional experience
- 2-5 years in support or customer service role or related work
- Ability to multitask efficiently and work with complexity
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills including strong acumen in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Skilled at general project management practices
- Experience within a retail manufacturing setting preferred
- Expertise in Microsoft products
- Working knowledge of collaboration and conferencing software, Teams, Zoom
- Empathetic mindset towards learners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience supporting employees at all levels in an organization
- Works well independently and as a member of a team.
- Global thinker who performs well in high-pressure situations in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Nimble and embraces change
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative