Production Operator Sewing - 2nd shift 1K sign on bonusApply
The Sewing Technician I position is responsible for the safe and timely execution of assigned duties requisite to satisfying customer demand in providing high-quality beds. This dedicated individual will be required to perform several styles of sewing stitches and be comfortable operating different types of sewing machines or auxiliary machines—the ability to change working venues and tasks with minimum interruptions.
- Able to perform efficiently on 1-5 sewing operations up to one specified area, per Work Instructions, on commercial-grade sewing equipment
- Using provided Work Instructions, the operator can perform basic machine set up for daily operation
- Strives to perform primary duties and work towards hourly production goals
- Knowledgeable of Standardized Work and Work Instructions
- Applies Safe Work Practices while working including wearing PPE
- Performs TPMs and light maintenance on sewing and/or auxiliary machines
- Can make minor machine adjustments and needle/tooling
- Practical knowledge and the application of Quality 1,2,3. Can explain the Quality 1,2,3 process to Manager.
- Able to recognize quality error or nonconforming conditions with product or process and escalate appropriately
- Is a team player and cooperates well with coworkers and management
- Keep work area clean and orderly, clear of clutter and debris. Has a basic understanding of 5S and its importance in the workplace.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Preferred experience in the manufacturing textile and/or sewing environment.
- Able to effectively communicate using both written and verbal methods with all team members
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative