Document Control AssistantSalt Lake City, Utah Apply
Under general supervision, researches, documents, and validates documentation of processes, work instructions, and supporting documentation in support of the business need within Sleep Number. Develops and implements job aids to assist employees in learning the processes as outlines in the documentation. May assist in the areas of program development, including Computer Based Training (CBT), Web Based Training (WBT), and Distance Learning. Works with subject matter experts as needed. Assists with Instructor Led Training (ILT) design, development, and delivery as needed
- Performs needs assessments to identify particular objectives for process/training documentation.
- Works with the engineers, operational leaders, and members of the Quality Team to document processes within Sleep Number.
- Works with the training team to establish course deliverables for each course introduced to include how to pilot the material.
- As needed, helps to develop distance learning training curricula; formulates or reviews training outlines, helps to determine appropriate training methodologies (ILT, CBT, WBT, etc.) and formats; all to meet the overall identified training objectives as cost effectively as possible.
- Serves as a resource to the organization in the documentation and validation of training and education materials.
- Ensure compliance of material documented and/or delivered with applicable laws, policies, rules and regulations of Sleep Number and the governmental agencies where Sleep Number operates.
Key Performance Indicators
- Processes documented represent best practices and are able to reproduce exactly similar results when followed.
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Minimum three years of technical writing and process documentation, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Minimum two years of project-based technical writing working in support of major projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of technical writing principles, and a demonstrated ability to create documents that are able to get predictable results when followed.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement documentation (with illustrations) in support of business processes and programs.
Working Conditions (if applicable)
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative