Senior Software Engineer, ITRemote Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
This position will serve as a technical expert focused on designing and building the next generation of applications at Sleep Number. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused digital products to delight our internal and external customers. You will be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, and partner closely with a team of technologists and product managers to develop innovative solutions and tools with a “customer first” mindset. This role is open to a remote worker, otherwise will reside at our Headquarters location in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Serves as a technical expert and thought leader on the design, development, and delivery of Sleep Number ERP and fulfillment systems
- Coach and mentor, the engineering team to mature Oracle EBS development and DevOps practices
- Create and promote the use of technology standards and implementation patterns within the team
- Provide deep and broad technical guidance to multiple software engineering teams and product teams and oversee all technical aspects of solution delivery
- Ensure the on-going operations performance, quality, scalability, security, and responsiveness of systems
- Play a lead role in maturing the software engineering practices, processes, tools, and metrics, with a focus on leveraging and full stack engineering best practices to drive efficiencies and improve quality in the SDLC practice
- Deliver technology capabilities with a mindset of user experience, always-on and access-anywhere
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders at different levels in the organization
- Be an expert in understanding the leading edge and emerging technologies, and advocate for experimentation and innovation across the teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field required
- Progressive software development experience in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong development and full-cycle implementation experience with Oracle EBS (e-business suite) R12 ERP technology stack
- Expert in Oracle e-Business ERP systems specifically in finance, inventory, and order modules
- Expert in performance profiling and tuning of standard APIs
- Expert in RICEW development/customization in EBS using PLSQL, XML Publisher Reports, Workflow Builder etc.
- Proven background coaching and mentoring team members on technology and process
- Exposure to integrations using REST API architecture
- Experience with continuous delivery, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Development, code review, static analysis and continuous integration using automation tools
- Experience in Finance preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.