Senior Production ManagerRedlands, CA Apply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Sr. Production Manager is a critical role within the company, as they lead the team that is responsible for all aspects of the Department Operation. This role would monitor job performance, ensure consistency in execution, drive efficiencies, drive Quality improvements and assist in training. In addition, they would provide frequent real time updates to various departments at various levels as well as manage and schedule direct reports to meet or exceed all customers’ expectations both internal and external.
- Responsible for the oversight of a multi-shift operations.
- Manage Department operations team to meet or exceed all business objectives and requirements.
- Collaborate with operations, manufacturing engineering, the lean team and documentation writers to develop detailed standard work, work instructions and processes to ensure they are followed.
- Report on Department operations and performance as required (hourly, daily, weekly, monthly by area and by shift).
- Manage daily inventory levels for operation.
- Engage in and create continuous improvement efforts and monitor results.
- Safety: Drive a safety culture, ensure compliance with SN and regulatory safety policies and guidelines, and create an environment that drives improvement and eliminates/minimizes Injuries, Recordables and LWD
- Quality: Align with SN quality metrics and initiatives to achieve 100% First Time Complete (both delivery and quality).
- Execute performance management process for team members to include employee development.
- Drive company initiatives to improve the customer experience, productivity and efficiencies.
- Execute Labor Planning and manage workflow and monitor hourly employees, including overtime reduction efforts.
- Other duties as assigned. The Department operations requires its team members to demonstrate excellent teamwork, collaboration and the ability to work cross-functionally as business needs dictate.
- 5 - 7 years of direct supervision of others preferably in a multi-site quality or production operation
- 3 or more years’ experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred (Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Operations or Supply Chain Management preferred) or 6+ years as a Sleep Number employee.
- Launch experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Quality, Manufacturing, Fulfillment Operations and Supply Chain principles and practices (preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and/or experience (preferred)
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement
- Travel as required up to 20%, generally not more than 10%
- Data Gathering and Analysis – Use company technologies to improve operations.
- Project Management – Ability to plan and manage projects and processes as well as allocate resources and monitor progress
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to articulate department needs to other functional areas both inside and outside of the Department
- Goal Driven
- Ability to influence, motivate and guide a diversified group of team members to achieve business objectives and utilize a continuous improvement mindset
- Strong analytical skills and very comfortable working with data and spreadsheets
- Fact Based Management to drive business decisions, business objectives and continuous improvement
- Effective organizational and planning skills and can execute on plans/ideas
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, Oracle ERP and SN routing and information systems
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
No other jobs are related to this one but you can stillView All of Our Available Opportunities
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Supervisor