Enjoy making a difference? That’s what draws people to our retail sales team, and what keeps them here – a focus on improving customers’ lives with our innovative sleep solutions.
In this position, you’ll work on a small, collaborative team of full-time retail sales professionals. If you’re goal-oriented and have a background in high-end, relationship-based and/or consultative sales you’re a great fit for this role – especially if you have experience staying connected to customers and working with a robust customer relationship management (CRM) tool. But, those skills can all be learned. More importantly, we’re looking for people who have what we call Sleep Number DNA – a passion for health and wellness, the ability to listen with empathy and a desire to truly connect with and help customers.
Ready to advance your retail sales career? Join the future of sleep.
- Full Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: No
What makes a successful Retail Sales Professional? Here are the traits we’re looking for:
- 10Team Player
- 10Technology savvy
These traits will also contribute to your success:
- Good listener
"I love working at Sleep Number because it allows me to improve people’s lives every day. It’s the most rewarding job I’ve ever had."Tim, Sleep Expert team member since 2012
"Helping others and bringing something into their lives that changes them for the better is exactly why I joined this team - and why I never want to leave."Heather, Store Manager, team member since 2012
"At Sleep Number, drive and a passion to improve lives are the keys to success. We are provided with training, support, incredible second-to-none products as well as beautiful showrooms to present them in. When you take the company’s extensive marketing and national advertising campaigns, and add your passion for connecting with and helping others, you’ll certainly be successful."Ed, Sleep Expert, team member since 2012
Here’s just one example of the many retail sales career paths available to you at Sleep Number:
Working at Sleep Number: Aaron's Story
Benefits & Perks
Full benefits within 30 days; we’ve got you covered mind, body and soul
Pay-for-performance culture with guaranteed base pay + unlimited commissions + bonus plan; 401(k) plan + match
Comprehensive training program helps you learn more about sleep, our products and our unique selling process
Everyone on our sales team is full time and receives paid time off + paid company holidays
Prepare for future opportunities at Sleep Number with our tuition reimbursement program
Innovative, award-winning products you’ll be proud to present + the opportunity to earn a Sleep Number bed in six months
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career and experience unlimited earning potential in an innovative, team-oriented environment. Our proprietary products, exclusive distribution, best-in-class sales training and relationship-based sales process enable you to build lifelong relationships and a rewarding, long-term career. Our retail sales professionals convey a passion for our products and their customers, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and represent the Sleep Number brand with the highest integrity.
- Provide a world-class customer experience. Utilize a proven sales process to discover each customer’s unique sleep needs and lead them through a selection of Sleep Number products that will deliver “the best sleep of their life.”
- Build relationships with customers. Proactively and effectively communicate product features and benefits, as well as promotional information. Provide timely, relevant follow-up.
- Demonstrate a tenacious drive for results. Be accountable for becoming a trusted, successful “Sleep Expert” and consistently exceeding sales goals.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to make a connection with a diverse array of customers.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role, preferably high-end sales.
- A commitment to professional appearance and attitude; willingness to represent the brand with integrity at all times.
- Adept at using technology required for store operations (e.g., POS systems) and sales presentations (e.g., interactive demonstrations, iPad, apps); technology engagers and early adopters preferred.
- Able to adapt and grow in a changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Genuine desire to grow and learn, as well as contribute positively to a team-oriented work environment.
- Motivated by a pay-for-performance compensation plan.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; typical retail hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and able to demonstrate English language proficiency. Second language skills encouraged.
- Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent required. Additional education and training preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Guaranteed base pay, plus commission and bonus plan
- Health/dental/vision coverage within 30 days
- 401k plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off and company holidays