This is no ordinary sales role; it’s a full-time career in a store like no other. At Sleep Number, you’re empowered to build real customer relationships, create individualized sleep experiences and redefine what people think a bed can do. Join us and become part of a fast-growing technology company that’s shaping the future of sleep and wellness. It’s the chance to grow in your career, earn a great income and make a difference in people’s lives.
- Level: Entry/Mid-level
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
We’re looking for a special kind of sales professional. See if you have the right mix of traits.
"Sleep Number not only enables you to improve customers' lives, it also empowers you to improve your employees' and own life as well through always living its mission."Rafael Roddriguez, Store Manager, Sleep Number setting 30
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 14 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your retail sales career and experience unlimited earning potential in an innovative, team-oriented environment. Our proprietary products, exclusive distribution, best-in-class sales training and relationship-based sales process enable you to build lifelong relationships and a rewarding, long-term career. Our retail sales professionals convey a passion for our products and their customers, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and represent the Sleep Number brand with the highest integrity.
- Provide a world-class customer experience. Utilize a proven sales process to discover each customer’s unique sleep needs and lead them through a selection of Sleep Number products that will deliver “the best sleep of their life.”
- Build relationships with customers. Proactively and effectively communicate product features and benefits, as well as promotional information. Provide timely, relevant follow-up.
- Demonstrate a tenacious drive for results. Be accountable for becoming a trusted, successful “Sleep Expert” and consistently exceeding sales goals.
- Exceptional presentation and interpersonal skills; ability to make a connection with a diverse array of customers.
- Prior experience in a customer-facing role, preferably high-end sales.
- A commitment to professional appearance and attitude; willingness to represent the brand with integrity at all times.
- Adept at using technology required for store operations (e.g., POS systems) and sales presentations (e.g., interactive demonstrations, iPad, apps); technology engagers and early adopters preferred.
- Able to adapt and grow in a changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Genuine desire to grow and learn, as well as contribute positively to a team-oriented work environment.
- Motivated by a pay-for-performance compensation plan.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; typical retail hours to include evenings and weekends.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. and able to demonstrate English language proficiency. Second language skills encouraged.
- Minimum H.S. diploma or equivalent required. Additional education and training preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Guaranteed base pay, plus commission and bonus plan
Our company's purpose is to improve the health and wellbeing of society.
Wellbeing is more than a catchphrase - it's a movement that permeates our company and through our team members. We are dedicated to enhancing and supporting the wellbeing of our team members and their families through benefits, programs, and resources across our five wellbeing pillars of emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health, with sleep at the center.
By joining our team, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive benefits package including, but not limited to medical and pharmacy benefits, dental, life and disability insurance, a matched 401(k) Plan, paid time off, and much more.
Examples of how we invest in your wellbeing:
Sleep - Our 360® smart bed for team members, and discounts on our innovations and sleep solutions for yourself and friends and family throughout the year.
Physical - Wide range of wellbeing resources and services through our medical plans to improve your physical health.
Emotional - Access to mental health resources, caregiving support, paid time off and parental leave to support your emotional wellbeing. Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Financial - Competitive base and variable pay programs, ability to save for the future through a matched 401(k) plan and financial support to recover from an illness or injury.
Community - Paid time off for volunteering and connections to our communities through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives, and support for charitable causes.
Career - Opportunities for career development and continuous learning, including a tuition reimbursement program.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
This is the start of something big — because we give our sales professionals every opportunity to thrive in their role and beyond. You can even move into a training or events role or join our corporate office. Where will your path take you?
Rewards & Benefits
We offer health, wellness, insurance and financial programs to support you in pursuing your best self now.
Earn a competitive hourly rate, an uncapped commission, and a team bonus paid when your store meets its goal.
You’ll get substantial product discounts, robust training and development and tuition reimbursement.
Health & Wellness
We offer comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) with company match, life insurance, HSAs/FSAs and more.
PTO, Programs and Recognition
Enjoy generous paid time off and company holidays, a variety of leave programs and formal employee recognition.
The Application Experience
Applying for a position with Sleep Number? Here’s a quick overview of the process and some tips to help you be successful.
Complete an online application
Apply for the role that interests you at jobs.sleepnumber.com
- Good match? One of our recruiters will reach out to schedule time to learn more about you
- Not the right opportunity? You’ll be notified by email
- No current openings? Join our talent community
Get to know us better
- Visit a Sleep Number store and find your Sleep Number setting
- Follow Sleep Number Careers on social media
- Read our reviews on Glassdoor
- Learn about the People of Sleep Number
- You’ll spend about 30 minutes talking to one of our recruiters on the phone; they will share more information about our company and culture as well as the role and its requirements. They will also ask some questions about your previous experience.
- You’ll have the chance to talk through your work history, how you’ve made an impact in the past and why you’re interested in joining our team
- Have dedicated time available without disruptions
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Take the time to tell your story (work experience, what gives you a sense of purpose at work)
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have for us
- After this step, your recruiter will let you know if you’re moving to the next step
- Congrats! You’re moving ahead in the process and are meeting with the hiring leader and (if applicable) others in the team. Depending on the role, this interview may be in-person or via video chat.
- Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations
- Tell me about a time when you had to admit to your leader that you weren’t very good at something.
- Describe when or where you learned the most about your stengths and weaknesses
- Talk with your recruiter about how to prepare
- Relax and be yourself; we value individuals!
- Be on time and dress professionally (even for a video chat)
- Be ready to share how much you’ve learned about Sleep Number
- Spend some time thinking about questions you have about us
We’ll ask you a series of behavior-based interview questions trying to gauge whether you’re a good fit for the role and the team. Here are some examples:
After the interview
- Your recruiter will follow-up so you know what to expect; in some cases, there may be additional interviews
- If you’re selected for the position:
- Your recruiter will work with you on your offer and start date
- Certain roles require additional steps between the offer and start date (e.g., background check); if that’s the case your recruiter will provide more information
- Your recruiter will follow up with you regularly before your first day
About our Location
Associate , Part Time Sales - New StoreIrvine, California, Orange, California
Sales Representative - New StoreIrvine, California, Orange, California
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.