Vice President, Learning & DevelopmentApply
Sleep Number is seeking a Vice President of Learning and Development. Our consumer innovation strategy has transformed what our team members need and expect from their learning experience. At Sleep Number, training modernization is strategically critical to create an environment of effective learning, enterprise consistency and individualized development.
The VP of Learning and Development is responsible for modernizing our training approach to accommodate the needs of all Sleep Number learners. This leader will develop a new function standard, define an enterprise learning and development operations framework and implement strategies. A successful candidate will leverage their existing proficiency in customer experience and learning and development to translate business needs into strategic learning solutions. This individual is highly collaborative to create a holistic content strategy that amplifies our vertically integrated business model across product development, manufacturing, retail, home delivery, customer service and our headquarters. This leader will leverage technology and measurement to track and evaluate new and established training initiatives.
The Vice President of Learning and Development will be an individual with experience in leading, influencing and motivating large decentralized teams. This leader will have deployed a wide variety of learning and development techniques and approaches to address specific and unique audience needs. A successful candidate will inspire innovation in training design and delivery and maintain a healthy external network to stay abreast of learning trends, systems, vendors, technology and continuous improvement processes.
- Advance the Company’s learning culture
- Lead enterprise design, development and delivery of strategic learning solutions and sustainable learning operations including planning, content development, execution, and evaluation
- Build a high performing learning and development team, specifically optimize organization design, define roles and responsibilities, and create operating mechanisms, team norms and common goals
- Establish a learning and development approach that optimizes and adapts to different learning experiences and different learning environments
- Create a measurement methodology to determine program effectiveness and to inform future investment strategies
- Optimize existing learning systems, software, technology and methods
- Provide consultation to business to assist in the identification of the training and development needs
- Work with business to develop specifications of course content based on needs; utilize needs assessment tools to determine applicability and effectiveness of proposed training programs
- Partner with external resources (as needed) to conduct specialized training for the organization
- Design, conduct and evaluate post learning outcomes using impactful evaluation methods
- Work closely with the Organizational Effectiveness, Talent Management and HR Business Partners teams
- Influence design of leadership development programs targeted to increase succession and bench readiness and overall effectiveness of our leaders
- Enlist common career management language for clear expectations around leadership behaviors and values throughout the organization
- Advance career development through experiential learning
- Provide input and expertise on talent management, change management, team member engagement and recognition programs
- Act as passion source for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to drive cultural awareness
- Guide overall common view on new hire learning approach and measurement
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s degree preferred) in organizational development, human resources, or other training/business related focus
- Experience with design, development and implementation of learning and development strategy and program implementation
- Background and experience leading teams of learning and development professionals
- Proven experience in developing, implementing and monitoring human resource metrics across the organization
- Proven presentation and communications skills and ability to build strategic business cases
- Experience in working for a multi-state, multi-site, growth-orientated environment
- Prior experience and oversight for a geographically distributed team member population
- Knowledge of current and future technology capabilities in business, as well as awareness of a variety of training delivery modes (Instructor-Led, Computer-Based, blended, webinar)
- Experience as an executive coach and building a coaching culture
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative