The UX Designer will be responsible to ensure the work we produce is effective while working with a team of other designers and developers. The ideal candidate for this position should be up to date on current ecommerce trends, has a passion for user centered design and has strong interest in learning and expanding their personal toolbox of skills. The selected candidate will need to be very attentive to details and organized to easily share designs with other team members across sometimes remote locations. The UX Designer will create clean, compelling, and effective designs to reach millions in service of our mission to improving lives through individualized sleep.
About the Team:
At Sleep Number, we are committed to building a world-class design system and overall approach to design. We are looking for a person who thrives on collaboration, takes feedback well, creates beautiful and useful designs that are unique but familiar, and most importantly, a fun, hard-working and kind human being. We believe that the best ideas can come from anywhere. Our broader Digital Team is a group of innovative thinkers who work hard together to bring the best experience for our consumers. We are a small team that closely collaborates on innovative ideas for our ecommerce platform.
- Work directly product owners and developers to ensure design is properly applied to the product and on time
- Actively seek to understand business requirements to develop solutions
- Create visually effective interface designs for existing web products and new products
- Create innovative solutions to tough interface challenges with product and lead input
- Apply consistent design patterns from Senior UX Team members and create new patterns for reuse and consistency though design and code with senior or lead input
- Collaborates with Product Team and Senior UX Designer or Lead on project priorities
- 5+ years of UI/UX design experience in responsive web design
- In house ecommerce design experience
- Must have relevant portfolio to highlight ecommerce design case studies
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Digital Design, or relevant
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Proficient in UX design process with Senior UX Design or Lead oversight: relevant research (trends, competitor analysis, best practices), creating personas, use cases, user flows, rapid prototyping, wireframing, visually stunning mockups.
- Strong understanding of ecommerce design
- Strong understanding of online customer behavior, and interaction patterns
- Inject design processes into agile development cycles
- Comfortable presenting work and working with feedback
- Expert in Sketch, InVision, and Adobe Creative Suite
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative