Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Support both internal and external customers in domestic and international transportation in accordance with company and departmental policies. Facilitate the movement of goods from suppliers and distribution centers within Sleep Number’s supply chain network. The position will further ensure a positive customer experience and efficient throughput by working cross-functionally to monitor, adjust, and communicate shipment details to all parties involved.
- Track and research daily transportation issues with carriers and Home Delivery, ensuring resolution in a timely manner.
- Root cause customer reschedules to identify and document transportation failures
- Effectively navigate & utilize 3rd party websites to obtain eta’s and paperwork, as necessary.
- Present recommendations on plan dates to a cross-functional leadership team.
- Tracking, tracing, issue reporting, and claims processing of carrier and parcel shipments.
- Accountable for responding to emails in the Transportation team inbox
- Analyze and support late, missing, wrong, and returned product.
- Enter and manage shipments in TMS (Transportation Management System)
- One or more years’ experience in Logistics, Transportation, or related functions
- Minimum H.S. Diploma or GED, AA preferred
- Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- Oracle or other ERP software system experience is a plus
- Demonstrated work ethic; ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment; able to work under pressure and effectively manage stress
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; capability to understand written and verbal instructions in English as well as demonstrate proficient ability to speak English
- Resiliency to embrace challenges and strive to find creative solutions
- Strong sense of teamwork and commitment to the larger organization
- Demonstrated problem solving, interpersonal communication, and active listening skills
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (data entry, email, customer and order management software)
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative