Textile Design TechnicianApply
Sleep Number offers the unique opportunity for talented individuals to discover, sew, test and implement new innovative technologies into our market leading products. The Textile Design Technician will be a key member in Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem-solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience. The Textile Design Technician provides technical sewing support to new product development and standard product support engineering activities, serving as an expert on textile and sewing design and development.
This position is responsible for supporting new product development projects, with specific concentration in textile, sewing construction and design.
- Support sample creation and sewing pattern development.
- Support system and component textile design capabilities studies and testing.
- Support standard laboratory tests in Research & Development (R&D) setting.
- Support engineering development activities.
- Develop fixtures and prototypes to test competitive products and evaluate performance.
- Support design documentation and report generation.
- Drive timely, thorough, and accurate completion of engineering projects utilizing good prioritization.
- Take ownership in the development of supporting New Product Development projects with limited guidance.
- 3-5 years of combined professional and personal experience in sewing fabrication
- Pattern and construction design required including the ability to create and manage complex patterns. Apparel design patterning is applicable.
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience, required.
- Strong sewing aptitude with broad experience in consumer goods. Industrial sewing experience not required.
- Creative mindset with the ability to connect data to the customer.
- Familiarity with establishing test methodology and associated gage repeatability and reproducibility (R&R) measures.
- General familiarity with textile fabrication equipment.
- Ability to draw diagrams and write specifications to clarify design details.
- Ability to manage the basic requirements of a design project.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and practical application of design theory
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work independent but with general direction.
- A self-starter, highly motivated with good organizational and time management skills.
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects, reaching beyond traditional sewing responsibilities.
- Desire to work in a hands-on Research & Development (R&D) lab environment, along with engineering technicians.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Conscientious, team player who drives for results.
- Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task and balance complex and routine work activities.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- R&D facility-sewing lab
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; team lift of up to 100 lbs.
- Light travel based on business needs.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics