Supply Chain Optimization InternshipApply
Our focus is to advance the supply chain’s data driven decisioning and to provide a unique and beneficial learning experience. To help accelerate Sleep Numbers efforts in sustainability, the intern will work with cross functional teams in logistics, warehousing, and manufacturing to identify waste streams and energy consumption, and establish methods to easily and reliably track these streams.
Join our Supply Chain Team for a 12-week internship identifying and quantifying such areas as cardboard use, wood pallet disposal, foam disposal, truckload mileage, and other areas, where we can begin to identify opportunities to directly drive efficiency for the business.
- Documented processes to capture material waste and energy consumption.
- Create a dashboard that provides monthly visibility and trends of these streams
- Identify a list of opportunities to reduce Sleep number’s waste streams and energy use.
- Execute any “Quick Wins” identified along the way.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Self-starter/action oriented
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- High level of integrity, professional attitude, reliable and dependable
- Strong analytical, structured problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand the big picture as well as pay attention to detail
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate business student with/or pursuing major in Supply Chain Management
- Knowledge of SharePoint site and page design including SharePoint designer, web parts, and work flows
- Knowledge of SharePoint Administrative tasks.
- Familiarity with reporting/visualizing tools
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Handle multiple activities simultaneously and ensure accurate and timely completion of tasks
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Additional Program Details:
- Competitive compensation
- Full intern summer events program highlighting our field, stores, and corporate experiences.
- Campus Ambassador opportunities
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative