Sr. Payroll SpecialistMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
This role is a key contributor on the Payroll team, focused on processing, administering, and maintaining team member pay. The Payroll Sr. Specialist is responsible for ensuring that team members are paid accurately and timely and partners with HR Business Partners, business leaders, and team members to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Review and ensure accurate computation of pay while interpreting company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Actively participates in the audit and streamlining of all payroll processing techniques and in the implementation of all system enhancements to improve payroll efficiencies.
- Develop processes and procedures to streamline the payroll functions and ensure consistency in the way payroll is processed. Also, act as the liaison for all system enhancements to improve departmental efficiencies.
- Partner with HR Operations and Business Partners in responding to all team member payroll questions and concerns. Handle payroll adjustments in a timely manner to ensure resolution of team member claims, compliance with governmental regulations and maximize employee level of understanding.
- Ensure the accurate interfacing and translation of data through all HRIS and payroll systems, including resolution of issues with payroll vendor to provide a maximum level of employee satisfaction and integrity of reporting data.
- Process and Reconcile garnishments/withholding orders.
- Process terminations.
- Primary Backup to the Sr. Payroll Analyst.
- Maintain on a daily basis manual payroll checks, voids, and adjustments as requested.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Accuracy of payroll data input.
- Number of manual checks issued.
- Team Member satisfaction rate.
- Team Member inquiry response time.
- Associates Degree, preferably in Finance or Human Resources.
- CPP certification a plus.
- 3 to 5 years payroll processing experience a plus.
- Garnishment experience preferred
- Experience with GL process a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Workday Payroll and Time Tracking a plus.
- Knowledge of the overall payroll cycle process in a multi-state environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees concerning payroll related issues.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative