Sr. Payroll AnalystApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
Independently manage payroll responsibilities including processing garnishments, reimbursements, commission and bonus payments, benefits deductions and other various payroll duties. Provide an expert level of support in planning, coordinating and overseeing the day-to-day payroll process. Train less experienced payroll specialists and provide some direction of their daily workload.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to manage workflow and act as primary resource for training and onboarding new payroll employees
- Serve as primary back-up for the Payroll Manager when necessary
- Develop processes and procedures to streamline the payroll functions and ensure consistency in the way payroll is processed
- Act as the liaison for all system and procedural enhancements to improve departmental efficiencies
- Review and ensure accurate computation of pay and interprets company policies and government regulations affecting payroll procedures. Actively participate in the audit and streamlining of all payroll processing techniques and in the implementation of all system enhancements to improve payroll efficiencies
- Serve as a primary reference for all employee payroll questions and concerns. Handle all payroll adjustments in a timely manner to ensure resolution of employee claims, compliance with governmental regulations and maximize employee level of understanding
- Ensure the accurate interfacing and translation of data through all HRIS and payroll systems, including resolution of issues with payroll vendor to provide a maximum level of employee satisfaction and integrity of reporting data
- Produce each pay period’s journal entry and work with Finance to research issues
- Take lead in coordinating payroll with outside service provider
Key Performance Indicators
- Document procedures and work with Payroll Manager to cross-train and ensure back-up coverage of key processes exists.
- Reduce reliance on manual process and find ways to improve efficiency.
- Collaborate with other areas within Total Rewards where crossover roles exist. ie. Improving severance and leave processing with Benefits partners, commission processing and adjustments with Commissions team, and PTO rate calculation with compensation partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business or commensurate experience; CPP desirable
- Proficiency with Workday preferred
- Understanding of multi-state and local payroll tax laws
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of the overall payroll cycle process in a multi-state environment and local tax laws.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Advanced technical knowledge with Payroll systems, Workday preferred
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state payroll regulations and standard payroll practices.
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Supervisor