Sr. Mobile Application EngineerApply
You will serve as a technical expert focused on designing and building a new generation of mobile-centric applications at Sleep Number. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused mobile digital products to delight our internal and external customers. You will be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, and partner closely with a team of technologists, analysts, and product managers to develop innovative solutions and tools with a “mobile first” approach and mindset.
- Serves as a technical expert leading the design, development, delivery, and support of mobile applications
- Have a constant focus on enhancing the user experience through applying modern UI/UX design principles
- Collaborate with multiple teams to design and ship new features and enhancements
- Ensure the performance, quality, scalability, security and responsiveness of the applications
- Provide clear communications to stakeholders regarding timelines, issues and requirements
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies, experiment and drive innovations
- Demonstrated success in delivering complex full stack mobile applications across native and server-side
- 5+ years experience with native Android framework and SDK, with deep understanding of full mobile development life cycle
- Experience with cross-platform mobile frameworks such as Xamarin, Ionic, or React Native
- Experience with Android UI modeling, design patterns, and API frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data using services (e.g., JSON, XML, REST APIs etc.)
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design
- Experience with authenticated sessions using OAuth 2.0 and OpenID Connect
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning mobile applications
- Experience integrating mobile applications with cloud platforms (Azure and AWS)
- Familiarity with push notifications and cloud messaging
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, Svn, etc.)
- Familiarity with build systems (gradle, maven), and CI tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus)
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies
Key Performance Indicators:
- Takes ownership and accountability for end-to-end solution delivery
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations with deliverables
- Meets deadlines on all projects, activities, and tasks
- Completes projects, tasks, and activities within budget and with high quality
- Resolves incidents and problems within predefined SLA’s
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 7+ years of software development experience in dynamic, fast paced environment.
- 5+ years experience building Android mobile applications with at least 2 published apps.
- BA, BS, MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
- Strong analytical skills, collaborative and problem-solving mindset, and technical aptitude
- Technical leadership and/or project management experience on medium and large-scale projects desired
- Experience working with agile / scrum methodology preferred
Working Conditions (if applicable):
Occasional travel (<10%) based on business needs
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative