Sr. Manager, Electrical EngineeringApply
This Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering provides technical leadership to new product development and product support engineering activities, serving as a key resource on electrical hardware design and leadership. As Sr. Manager, Electrical Engineering you will be a key member in Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
- Leading electronic design projects, technology efforts, and tasks for new product and concept developments within specification, schedule, and cost targets.
- Key resource in delivering technical direction, architecture, cross functional/site alignment
- Leads inside and/or outside resources in the design, development, prototyping, and testing of new electrical hardware development.
- Plans and directs engineering testing to ensure that newly designed features are properly tested.
- Analyzes product requirements for feasibility, development timeline, development cost requirements.
- BS required, MS considered a plus, and a 8+ years of experience in the electrical engineering field. Prior people management experience preferred.
- Proven proficiency in design, development and testing of systems as demonstrated by multiple successful product launches.
- Experience in embedded systems and microprocessor based design.
- Experience with analog and RF design concepts and tools.
- Experience writing embedded software for microprocessors.
- Experience with the general engineering design process including product requirements, document creation, prototyping, design for manufacturing, design for test, design verification testing, and product release.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to write technical specifications and design documentation, create and author templates for engineering documents, create project plans with technical details, present verbally in one-on-one or group settings
- Conscientious, team leader who drives for results.
- Light travel based on business needs.
- Mentoring electronics design team
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize at the project level.
- Ability to lead independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to effectively convey engineering priorities and concepts to all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) suite of software.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.; team lift of up to 100 lbs.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics