Sr. Internal AuditorMinneapolis, MN Apply
Provide objective assessments of Company’s operational and internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR), governance and risk management practices; offer remedies and recommendations when operational improvement is necessary.
- Document the testing of ICFR/SOX controls including identifying and evaluating risk areas, conducting inquiries, collecting and analyzing evidence, preparing workpapers to support findings, and documenting and evaluating control deficiencies
- Review control documentation and provide guidance for improvements
- Conduct reviews to evaluate IT applications and the adequacy/efficiency of accounting, financial and operating procedures and controls established for IT control purposes
- Conduct audits to assess the efficiency and effectiveness of operations including identifying and evaluating risk areas, conducting interviews, collecting and analyzing evidence, and preparing workpapers to support findings
- Prepare audit reports based upon audit results, audit documentation, and client responses
- Conduct audit work in accordance with Department standards and Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Pursue professional development opportunities; prepare self for future role in another area of the Company
- Promote positive perception of Internal Assurance Department throughout the company while demonstrating integrity, independence and ability to partner with business leaders
- Complete assigned audit engagements in a timely manner and ensure all audit objectives are met
Experience, Education & Certifications
- BA/BS Degree in business, finance, accounting, and/or management information systems
- 2 - 5 years of Auditing, Public Accounting and/or Accounting experience
- Some IT Audit experience a plus
- CPA / CIA / CFE preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of relevant auditing and risk management standards and principles, such as the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, COSO internal control framework and COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology)
- Demonstrated ability to develop an open and honest working relationship with those being audited and maintain a professional approach at all times
- Ability to articulate understanding of business areas under review and demonstrates thorough test work and solid rationale for potential audit issues.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing by adopting appropriate communication style to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Displays leadership and project management skills to complete quality work on time with budgeted resources.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset with a strong customer-centric mindset
Working Conditions (if applicable)
- Up to 15% travel depending on annual audit calendar
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative