Sr. Engineering Manager- Analytics PlatformsApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
The Senior Manager of Data Platform Engineering is a highly capable technology leader who is responsible for leading the development of our Data and Analytics Platforms and DataOps practice. The role will interact with technology teams and the broader enterprise to build out a robust data platform to support all facets of Sleep Number. The Platform Owner will have direct responsibility for ensuring Strategic Business Alignment, Technical Direction, and Business Justification.
- Build, lead, and coach a high performing team of software and data engineers responsible for Sleep Number’s corporate analytics platform
- Deliver technology capabilities with a mindset of experience, always-on and access-anywhere
- Responsible for leading the technical integration across teams, development planning, execution, and continuous improvements
- Provide deep technical and engineering leadership to the organization
- Be an expert at understanding the leading-edge technologies, drive awareness of how those connect to our business, and ability to design for the future
- Establish robust software engineering practices to build cloud-native, mobile, data-driven, innovative, and secure capabilities
- Manage the design/build/test/release processes end-to-end. Establish, refine, and continuously improve formal engineering development processes, procedures, and metrics
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among new business capabilities, operational excellence, and innovation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Progressive experience leading Software or Data Engineering teams
- Experience with Cloud application engineering and service development
- Expertise with leading Mobile, UI/UX, Web, and API technologies and platforms, with a focus on building systems of engagement, leveraging common data and reusable services to deliver competitive advantages
- Forward-thinking strategic leader with deep engineering mindset, passionate about talent development, who will lead the introduction and adoption of technologies and constantly changing customer expectations
- Demonstrated depth in software engineering practices with the ability to influence and drive solution designs, architecture, and engineering decisions
- Experience with modern data engineering and analytics technologies and techniques
- Experience in Retail, Commerce, or Supply Chain business domains
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
- Flexible availability required – business needs may require work during non-core business hours
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Supervisor