Sr. Engineer - NetworkMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
The Sr. Network Engineer ensures the stability and integrity of in-house data, video, and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, you will participate in the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all security network hardware, software, and communication links. You will also analyze and resolve security network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training where required.
Strategy & Planning
- Interact with application personnel and other infrastructure personnel to develop and support secure, network aware applications
- Proven Skills in Cisco ACI and DNA
- Develop a strong working relationship by working collaboratively with peer employees in the operations network services teams and partner organizations chartered with protecting resources
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network security needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network security configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network security administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design, deploy and support company LANs, WANs, wireless networks, routers, firewalls, IPS/IDS systems, Identity Services Engine (ISE), Proxy’s, and other network hardware and Technology
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact with vendors. Understand vendor offerings, assist in the creation of proposals, and assess vendor replies
- Maintain, tune, administer and troubleshoot network security infrastructure. This position is focused initially on proxy services, intrusion detection /prevention systems, with additional support for firewalls and related security infrastructure
- Create and maintain firewall and proxy policies.
- Support physical network and virtual network security environments
- Act as an Intrusion Prevention Services (IPS) subject matter expert.
- Act as a Proxy Server subject matter expert
- Implement IPS provided policies, assist in security investigations events and collaborate on IPS policy
- Work closely with vendor partners for advanced / escalated trouble-shooting
- Author and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Participate in projects that are delivered via third party partners.
- Follow established change management policies and process.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions including Remote Access, VPN, Firewall, IDS, and security management applications.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
Key Performance Indicators
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of complex security networking technologies.
- Delivers projects, activities, and tasks to time estimates.
- Identifies and implements process and cost improvements in IS and the business.
- Completes work efforts with high quality, high customer satisfaction, and be able to meet all network related SLA’s.
- Meets customer requirements with on-time deliverables.
- Ensures sanctitiy of the Sleep Number’s computing environment.
- Progressive experience leading to a lead network analyst or engineer position.
- Strong ability to partner and collaborate across teams, driving toward a common goal.
- Self-motivated and able to deliver unique solutions to complex problems.
- Plans, designs, and completes projects, tasks, and activities within or under budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Cisco certifications, CCNA, CCNP or CCIE.
Other specialized skills, abilities, working conditions.
- Software Defined Networking
- Proxy services
- Call center experience is desirable
- PCI / retail experience is highly desirable
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative