Sr. Director, Software EngineeringMinneapolis, MN Apply
The Sr. Director of Software Engineering partners cross-functionally to set the long-term technology strategy and roadmap for Sleep Numbers unified customer experience with the outcome of delivering on Sleep Number’s brand promise objectives.
- Lead a team of leaders and their engineering teams who are responsible for Sleep Number’s unified customer experience, including Retail, Service and Marketing capabilities & platforms. Accountable for coaching, developing and holding the team accountable to performance expectations.
- Deliver technology capabilities with a mindset of experience, always-on and access-anywhere
- Responsible for leading the technical integration across Sleep Number’s cross-functional teams, development planning, execution, continuous improvements as well as direct responsibility for budgeting, planning and hiring
- Be an expert at understanding the leading-edge technologies in the Customer Experience, Commerce and service domain, drive awareness of how those connect to our business, and ability to design for the future
- Lead, build, motivate, develop and manage a high performing engineering team to build data-driven, innovative & secure capabilities & technologies.
- Manage the design/build/test/release process end-to-end. Establish, refine, and continuously improve formal engineering development processes, procedures, and metrics to meet company objectives
- Provide deep business and technical leadership to the organization
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among new business capabilities, operational excellence and innovation
Key Performance Indicators:
- Enables Sleep Number’s Customer Experience technologies to stay competitive and relevant in the retail industry
- Sought after for direction and advice by co-workers and team
- Drive delivery of high-quality technology capabilities such as Mobile, Data and Security on time and budget
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Progressive experience leading Software or Application Engineering teams
- Experience in Retail, Commerce and Web & Mobile Apps development
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Forward-thinking strategic leader with deep engineering mindset, passionate about talent development, who will lead the introduction and adoption of retail technologies and constantly changing customer expectations
- Knowledge and interest in retail, customer experience and technology trends that impacts the business
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills with the ability to synthesize key points based on the audience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical
- Experience leading through leaders to drive outcomes while empowering others
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Flexible availability required – business needs may require work during non-core business hours
- Typical office environment, requiring at least 8 hours standing or sitting
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative