Sr. Director, Health Products & ServicesMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
SleepIQ Labs is a subsidiary of Sleep Number Corporation which owns and operates all entities under the Sleep Number and SleepIQ technology brands. SleepIQ Labs is the pioneer of biometric sensor solutions and sleep monitoring technologies and was acquired by Sleep Number in 2015.
The Leader of Health Products and Services will champion the technology vision to design, build and execute the supporting digital health strategies for the expansive SleepIQ technology platform to improve customer’s lives. The award winning SleepIQ technology software, application and cloud capabilities are highly innovative and deliver real consumer benefits on daily basis for Sleep Number customers.
Background: It is becoming more apparent to the consumer and health community that sleep plays a vital role in everyone’s health portfolio as up to 70% of individuals health is related to behavior, environment and physical influences. Sleep has become the third leg to the diet and exercise wellness triangle. Today, our SleepIQ platform collects individual data to generate sleep insights to help each individual improve the quality of their sleep. The SleepIQ bio-signal team is executing statistical analysis of PSG and other data to identify sleep, wellness and health connections. Additionally, Sleep IQ transcends PSG data as it is longitudinal, comprehensive and effortless. This role is designed to deliver wellbeing capabilities to the Sleep Number core consumer market and to develop new market opportunities in digital health markets.
Sleep Number understands it can target wellbeing and perhaps health solutions for the consumer and potential health partners. Sleep Number is working with world class sleep experts to assess the consumer and health landscape to anticipate market transitions, (proactive to reactive) and complete scientific papers. In parallel Sleep Number will partner with select institutions to deliver ongoing trials, studies, build artificial intelligence to deliver new sleep features for the consumer or health market. Today, we are focused on the Sleep Number bed delivering sleep physiology and in the future our vision is to used sleep data to deepen the sleep physiology with the core consumer, adjacent and transformational markets and sees opportunities with digital health markets.
This role will have leadership responsibility to deliver development and commercialization of SleepIQ health/ wellbeing capabilities within the Sleep IQ technology platform. This role is also responsible to build and manage clinical research, health advisors and health partnerships to position Sleep Number’s leadership position beyond the consumer sleep market, building our leadership in the scientific community in support of the health and wellbeing opportunities in basic and applied research.
This opportunity requires enterprise wide thinking, strong perceptual acuity, a strategic mindset, critical thinking, intensive collaboration, and excellent execution with development teams, cross functional teams and partners along with multiple external partners on behalf of the customer. Importantly, this position will focus on delivering meaningful innovation and envisioning transcending products and experiences to deliver high quality results to continue to advance Sleep Number as the technology leader in sleep. The role will ensure continued leadership within connected sleep and advance health and wellness applications to build the SleepIQ technology eco-system and ensure Sleep Number’s leadership position to deliver on our mission to improve lives through unparalleled sleep experiences.
The ideal candidate will have broad technical knowledge across software and device capabilities as well as strong perceptual acuity to identify business opportunities at the right time for the SleepIQ platform and Sleep Number brand.
Additionally, this leader will be able to inspire teams to bring their best thinking, strengthen their capabilities and advance as a high performing team. He or she will focus on driving a connection between product management and engineering to unlock synergies to use the right technologies to deliver on behalf of the customer, maximizing the business and technical elements to compound our powerful leadership position and business model. The Director will also ensure successful completion of product launches, working closely with SleepIQ and Sleep Number consumer product development teams delivering the outcome of successful strategies for SleepIQ customer execution metrics of scale, engagement and retention of the SleepIQ platform.
This role will oversee the Health and Wellness capabilities and management of SleepIQ technology platform for Sleep Number:
- Oversee the health and wellbeing strategy for SleepIQ technology eco-system, inclusive of commercialization of health and wellbeing bio-signal and data capabilities, clinical research, health advisors and health partnerships ensuring balanced portfolio management bringing forth ongoing product updates and support for in-market and new product capabilities.
- Be an expert at understanding the latest sleep technologies for consumer and health markets, and drive awareness of how those connect to our business, strong perceptual acuity and ability to design for the future market transitions.
- This role will require building extensive knowledge in sleep from a consumer and health landscape perspective to anticipate and build features that resonate with the consumer and scientific/ medical communities.
- Evaluate and illuminate business opportunities to put into research and development for well-being and health products, data, research and partnerships
- Financial Portfolio Management of health capabilities and health partnerships: Total Shareholder Value, sales, gross margin, operational effectiveness & value equation/ Return on Investment
- Lead the development and execution of the SleepIQ health platform roadmap, deliver features and benefits to customers/ partners on time and within budget
- Deliver SleepIQ Value, NPS, User Satisfaction and App Rating driving and optimize product margins based on innovative features and benefits that are brought to market
- Offer expertise to navigating wellbeing and health HIPPA and potential FDA requirements
- Indirect influence to lead, build, motivate, develop and manage a high performing engineering team to develop leading edge innovative products
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across the organization to identify and solve operational and execution issues
- Lead the creation of best practices within consumer and health applications, including identifying trends and competitive reviews to bring about the top experiences for all users
- Create and drive disciplined health feature development processes to support and execute new product launches and initiatives
- Responsible to lead partnerships with health advisor community (currently 2 with room to grow to 4), support research execution to enable scientific paper execution, institutional research, and third-party data.
- Partners and provides input to SleepIQ labs engineering leadership to ensure data structure for regulatory and security purposes for partnership readiness
- Responsible for managing, growing and developing a health products and services team, including interviewing, selecting, and training of staff; monitoring and appraising performance of direct reports; coaching and motivating team members; and completing human resource management functions.
- 10-15+ years experience in product development, quality, regulatory and/or clinicalexperience in medtech or life sciences technology-driven companies, with at least 10 yrs. in management positions leading major programs and teams
- Experience in mobile, online, IOT and/or retail experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced master’s level degree preferred- ideally in Engineering and/ or Computer Science/ Engineering required
- Experience with all phases of the healthcare product development lifecycle, including concept, design, implementation, verification and validation activities necessary for product commercialization and regulatory compliance (US required, international experience also strongly preferred)
- Track record of operational leadership and managing major programs and organizations in both US/domestic (required) and international settings (preferred), including major contributions to regulatory data filings across geographies
- Relevant network of professional, KOL, and PI relationships within major hospital systems, provider networks, academic medical centers, and provider/professional associations in the US (required) and international geographies (preferred)
- Strong track record of delivering complex, high value deliverables through organization change, development, market analysis, product and program management
- Designing and executing strategies that converge with business and technology for the benefit of increased revenue, margin and optimal customer experience
- Ability to leverage the voice of the business and identify the largest impact while building passionate high performing teams
- The ideal candidate will have exceptional background in health product management, software development, partnerships and communications
- Experience in delivering software products used by end-users
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Extremely strong people-leader to ensure the team meets or exceeds project deliverable timelines and functional objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, inspirational vision, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Strong cross functional leadership: demonstrated ability to engage teams and external partners to generate expected results
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically in a high energy, fast paced and global development environment
- P&L responsibility of key categories: ability to execute and deliver financial goals supporting company goals
- Assist in determining product portfolio inclusive of product messaging, pricing, packaging, promotion and marketing.
- Proven ability to attract, build, develop, inspire and motivate technical teams in a fast-paced engineering organization across multiple locations
- Exceptional communication skills and an ability to connect people with different points of view and with varying levels of experience
- Ability to make timely, data-driven decisions across new and existing product portfolio
- Proven strength in translating ideas into specific qualified and quantified action items. Ability to develop detailed plans with specific goals, priorities, timelines and budgets to effectuate ideas into products
- Knowledge or experience working with Technology Product Development, User Experience, Internet of things (IOT), SaaS, PaaS, AWS, Azure, APIs, Location Based Services, hardware, software and digital signal processing, Application development, UI/ UX and quality assurance experience. Experience with Linux, AWS, Azure, iOS, Android, Windows, Web
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Standard office environment
- Some travel
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics