Sr. DevOps Engineer – Oracle Fusion MiddlewareApply
The Senior DevOps Engineer will serve as a technical expert responsible for administering, managing, and continuously improving Sleep Number's Middleware platform. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. You'll join a dedicated team of technologists focused on ensuring operational excellence for this mission-critical platform, managing 24x7 service continuity to the business building automation tools and advancing platform capabilities to deliver efficiencies and business value.
- Develop and foster a positive IT / internal Customer partnership
- Responsible for all aspects of Oracle Fusion Middleware application administration including configuration, patching, upgrades, capacity planning, provisioning, backup and recovery
- Responsible for ensuring platform security, resiliency, uptime, and high availability
- Responsible for platform optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability
- Responsible for evaluating patching requests, communicating constraints, issues and timelines for deployment
- Responsible for designing and building automation tools, CI/CD pipelines, and other capabilities to improve the effectiveness of platform management
- Support change management including maintenance across multiple environments and deploying approved patches and upgrades
- Provide production and operational support including pro-active monitoring, issue resolution and on-call duties
- Provide clear communications to stakeholders regarding timelines, issues and requirements
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies, experiment and discover opportunities for improvement
Key Performance Indicators
- Using automation to reduce operational workload to support teams.
- Automated environment builds for Core Applications
- Automated repeatable processes
- Fully automated CI/CD pipeline that other teams can leverage
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- 5+ years of Oracle Fusion Middleware application administration experience
- 5+ years of expertise in all technology stack components including Weblogic 12c/11g, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Enterprise Manager, OSB, SOA and JVM
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux, Solaris, and cloud-based platforms (On-prem, PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS)
- 4 years college degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Expertise with Oracle Fusion Middleware full tech stack architecture, environment refresh and patching mechanics
- Expertise in performance tuning across the entire stack
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline development tools – Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, etc.
- Experience with integration technologies – ESB/OSB, SOA, REST/SOAP APIs etc.
- Experience with scripting tools like SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Shell
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and Product-centric operating model is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever changing
- Ability to facilitate meetings and action plans. Must be a strong team player
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Strong analytical skills, technical aptitude, collaborative and problem-solving mindset
- Technical leadership and/or project management experience on medium and large-scale projects required
- Occasional travel (<10%) based on business needs
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative