Sr. DevOps EngineerMinneapolis, Minnesota Apply
You will serve as a technical expert responsible for administering, managing, and continuously improving Sleep Number's Oracle e-business suite ERP platform. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. You'll join a dedicated team of technologists focused on ensuring operational excellence for this mission-critical platform, managing 24x7 service continuity to the business,building automation tools and advancing platform capabilities to deliver efficiencies and business value.
- Develop and foster a positive IT / internal Customer partnership
- Responsible for all aspects of ERP application administration including configuration, patching, upgrades, capacity planning, provisioning, backup and recovery
- Responsible for ensuring platform security, resiliency, uptime, and high availability
- Responsible for platform optimization including performance tuning, query optimization and supportability
- Responsible for evaluating patching requests, communicating constraints, issues and timelines for deployment
- Responsible for designing and building automation tools, CI/CD pipelines, and other capabilities to improve the effectiveness of platform management
- Support change management including maintenance across multiple environments and deploying approved patches and upgrades
- Provide production and operational support including pro-active database and tech stack monitoring, issue resolution and on-call duties
- Provide clear communications to stakeholders regarding timelines, issues and requirements
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies, experiment and discover opportunities for improvement
- 5+ years of Oracle E-Business application administration experience on global ERP platform installations
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux, Solaris, and cloud-based platforms (On-prem, PaaS, IaaS, DBaaS)
- 3+ years of expertise in all technology stack components including Oracle database 12c/11g, Weblogic, Apache, PL/SQL, Java, Enterprise Manager, SOA and JVM
- Expertise with Oracle EBS full tech stack architecture and online patching mechanics
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control
- Expertise in performance tuning across the entire stack
- Experience with containerization tools – Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline development tools – Jenkins, GitLab, etc. and Integration technologies – ESB, SOA, REST/SOAP APIs etc.
- Experience with Oracle EBS Development tools, and Scripting tools like SQL, PL/SQL, Python, No-SQL
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and Product-centric operating model is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and activities in a timely, organized manner
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and action plans. Must be a strong team player
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Strong analytical skills, collaborative and problem-solving mindset, and technical aptitude
- Technical leadership and/or project management experience on medium and large-scale projects required
- Experience working with agile / scrum methodology preferred
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Occasional travel (<10%) based on business needs
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative