Sr. Data AnalystApply
Data is a critical asset at Sleep Number. The commitment Sleep Number has to Data Management is evolving the way the organization uses and manages data. The Data Management team empowers more insightful decision making, enables exceptional experiences for our customers, and ensures that data risk and compliance laws are met. This role supports the enterprise by driving clarity of data definitions (business and technical), analyzing measuring, and reporting the quality of the data, managing the flow of data throughout its lifecycle, and adhering to data compliance laws.
- Partner and drive discussions with various Data Owners and IT subject matter experts to define enterprise data (business and technical definitions) for Sleep Number’s data elements/metrics.
- Interfacing with technical and business resources across the enterprise to document data linage/usage for key data sets.
- Analyze and measure Sleep Number’s data quality and develop data quality dashboards for Data Owners to manage their data
- Manage the flow of Data through its lifecycle
- Lead the remediation of data issues to ensure high quality data is delivered to the enterprise
- Support Data Compliance initiatives to enable risk and compliance standards are met
- Mentor junior data analysts
Key Performance Indicators
- Operational excellence of Sleep Number’s Data assets
- Expand the data knowledge across the organization
- Deliver high quality data enabling better decision making across the organization
- 5+ years professional experience in Data Management or related field
- Functional leadership and/or project management experience on medium projects required
- Demonstrated experience with data access tools such as SAS, SQL, SPSS, MS Access, etc.
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, etc.)
- Familiarity to data visualization tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Exposure to Python, R, Scala, SQL or other analytically focused technologies
- Exposure to or familiarity with a cloud based big data solution like AWS/Azure, a plus
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Must be a creative problem solver, flexible, proactive, and work in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Self-Starter with the ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Exhibit a high degree of analytical, organizational, listening, and interpretive skills
- Ability to synthesize analytical findings in a clear, concise manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and functional
- Teamwork/service-oriented mindset
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. BS in Computer Science, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative