Specialist, Product ComplianceApply
The Specialist, Product Compliance supports in the design, development, and implementation of flammability, antimicrobial, and safety compliance programs. The Specialist, Product Compliance revises compliance record keeping programs in response to the changing needs of the organization and governmental agencies. The Specialist, Product Compliance may also be responsible to enforce regulatory laws, standards and processes with program teams.
- Maintain and compile material/product regulatory compliance documentation for state or federal inspectors, internal audit and legal
- Participate with Design teams to support product compliance during New Product Development. Qualify alternate treatments, materials, designs, and processes to support cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives
- Serve as a resource to Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Quality teams on codes, standards, regulations, and specifications.
- Communicate material/product sampling and testing requirements to internal and external parties, including Sourcing, Engineering, Design, Manufacturing, and Suppliers
- Prepare Compliance test reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data
- Support sample build and preparation, including evaluation and documentation of materials and components
- Develop and execute test plans in support of efforts to further enhance FR technology, practices, and methods
- Bachelor’s degree in material science, engineering, science or similar technical field
- 2+ years experience in production compliance, new product qualification, or quality lab testing
- Familiarity with material/product testing performance characterization preferred
- Strong understanding of product safety principles and approaches with emphasis on flammability and antimicrobial requirements including knowledge of CPSC and FMVSS flammability standards, ASTM standards and/or GLP
- Strong aptitude for understanding and communicating technical and detailed requirements
- Ability to create and review product compliance test plans, procedures, and reports, proposing effective corrective actions as necessary
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with multi-disciplined teams
Working Conditions (if applicable)
- Ability to lift and maneuver 25 lbs, as needed
- Ability to travel to local off-site locations for testing (10%)
- Hybrid working conditions - able to work from the office and remotely
- Work may at times require use of personal protective equipment
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative