The Software Architect provides software design, engineering, and architecture leadership for the next generation of business applications at Sleep Number. The ideal candidate will have a passion for architecting feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused digital products to delight our internal and external customers. The Software Architect will be able to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and partner closely with a team of technologists and product managers to develop innovative solutions and tools with a “customer first” mindset.
- Responsible for creating a comprehensive architecture for software solutions with the Enterprise Architect and providing strategic direction throughout the development process.
- Ensure that the new solutions fit into the existing enterprise architecture from the functional, technical, user and non-functional perspectives such as security and performance.
- Advise all the teams involved in the development projects and know how every product and service works in an architecture framework.
- Oversee successful delivery of a quality end products to its end users.
- Primary stakeholder in choosing the right technology to effectively accomplish the business goals and outcomes
- Responsible for translating the vision for the project to the development team and plays a pivotal part throughout the entire systems development lifecycle.
- Lead alignment and governance across the engineering teams. Advise leadership about industry best practices, trends, and technology, influencing the overall IT strategy.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Operational excellence of Sleep Number’s application platforms
- Deliver/enhance applications with high quality and customer delight
- Mentor/Coach team members to build software using industry leading practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields required. Master’s
- Progressive software development experience in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience applying enterprise and data integration patterns using SOA, API’s, microservices, event-driven and data-driven approaches
- Deep experience in implementing Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and services.
- Experience integrating on-premise ERP, CRM, and other business applications with the cloud, to build systems of engagement that deliver modern and effortless user experiences
- Extensive knowledge/experience with cloud-native architecture principles and patterns, such as scale-out architecture, loosely coupled systems, microservices, containers, stateless systems, CI/CD, cloud integration technologies, API management, Message Queueing, Event Driven Architectures, and Cloud PaaS solutions
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning of APIs
- Experience with continuous delivery, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Development, code reviews, static analysis and continuous integration using automation tools
- Experience with mobile and responsive UI / UX design principles and patterns
- Certified or experience with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF, and experience with IT Governance frameworks such as ITIL or COBIT
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Flexible availability required – business needs may require work during non-core business hours
- Typical office environment, requiring at least 8 hours standing or sitting
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative