Principal Analytics ArchitectApply
The Principal Analytics Architect provides software design, engineering, and architecture leadership for the next generation of analytics applications at Sleep Number. The team works across all parts of the company to build solutions that help our business make decisions with data. The ideal candidate will have a passion for architecting feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused analytical products to delight our internal customers.
Responsible for creating a comprehensive architecture for analytical solutions with the Enterprise Architect and providing strategic direction throughout the development process.
- Ensure that the new solutions fit into the existing enterprise architecture from the functional, technical, user and non-functional perspectives such as security and performance.
- Advise all the teams involved in the development projects and know how every product and service works in an architecture framework.
- Oversee successful delivery of quality end products to its end users.
- Primary stakeholder in choosing the right technology and tools to effectively accomplish the business goals and outcomes
- Responsible for translating the vision for the project to the development team and plays a pivotal part throughout the entire systems development lifecycle.
- Lead alignment and governance across the engineering teams. Advise leadership about industry best practices, trends, and technology, influencing the overall IT strategy.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Operational excellence of Sleep Number’s analytics platforms
- Deliver/enhance applications with high quality and customer delight
- Mentor/Coach team members to build software using industry leading practices
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Certified or experience with Enterprise Architecture Frameworks such as TOGAF, and experience with IT Governance frameworks such as ITIL or COBIT
- Extensive experience in implementing Microsoft Azure cloud architecture and services, especially analytical tools like Azure Analytic Services, Azure Synapse (SQL DW), Azure Machine Learning, and Power BI
- Experience applying enterprise and data integration patterns using SOA, API’s, microservices, event-driven and data-driven approaches
- Extensive experience with data warehousing, ETL, and otherwise preparing data for business analytical use.
- Extensive experience with cloud-native architecture principles and patterns, such as scale-out architecture, loosely coupled systems, microservices, containers, stateless systems, CI/CD, cloud integration technologies, API management, Message Queueing, Event Driven Architectures, and Cloud PaaS solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Starts with the end-user in mind, developing solutions that fit within existing architecture and systems
- Able to recommend and drive the team to best-in-class solutions
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
A stand-out candidate will demonstrate these characteristics:
- Strategic Mindset – Thinks beyond boundaries of immediate role to keep customers, department and company in mind; acts strategically based on long-term implications of decisions; understands our unique business model and what drives our business; values diversity and inclusion as competitive advantages.
- Courage - Is bold and self-aware; makes the tough or unpopular decisions in a timely manner; communicates directly; chooses a “can do” approach to the unknown and untried; takes calculated risks and has the confidence to risk being wrong.
- Execution - Seeks challenging assignments and demonstrates a tenacious drive for results; translates strategy into clear plans and action; actively monitors what is getting done and how; holds self and others accountable for execution excellence; leverages technology to optimize efficiency and productivity.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative