Sewing Prototype SpecialistMinneapolis, MN Apply
Sleep Number offers the unique opportunity for talented individuals to discover, test and implement new innovative technologies into our market leading products. This position provides technical support to new product development and standard product support engineering activities, serving as an expert on electromechanical testing, prototype builds, troubleshooting, lab equipment, etc. This individual will be a key member in Sleep Number’s strategic execution of product development, championing great design and problem-solving skills in support of our vision of becoming the world’s most beloved brand by delivering an unparalleled sleep experience.
- Maintain lab supplies to support electrical and mechanical test needs. Perform periodic maintenance, calibration & repair of test equipment.
- Conduct standard laboratory tests.
- Assist senior level technicians in conducting performance testing of electromechanical assemblies using test instrumentation.
- Develop fixtures & prototypes to test competitive products and evaluate performance.
- Compile and maintain test reports, procedures, prototype requests, equipment specification, equipment warranty data, service and maintenance logs etc.
- Assist other technicians with design validation & verfication along with reliability/durability testing for new products both before and after product launches.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timeliness of lab tests conducted.
- Prioritization and execution of Lab tests according to specified Test Protocol or Industry Standards.
- Management of lab equipment capital budget.
- Compliance to performance and regulatory expectations.
- Material cost reduction ($ / released projects)
- Warranty reduction ($ saved / released projects)
- 0-2 years of relevant experience in an electro-mechanical lab test and development environment.
- Engineering Technology two-year technical degree or equivalent.
- Ability to conduct design validation & verification tests.
- Experience performing textile fabrication of large mass produced items (mattresses, car covers, boat storage aids, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability to conduct competitive evaluation and performance benchmarking of products, with input from engineers and technicians.
- Experience in electronics (PCBA) assemblies is a plus.
- Experience with mechanical and textile testing (compression/tensile, load, spring rate, etc.)
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with PLC programming and common data acquisition systems.
- Experience with Gribetz and L & P manufacturing equipment is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and/or within a team environment.
- Conscientious, team player who drives for results
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Light travel based on business needs
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
Working Conditions (if applicable)
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“We have the freedom of a start-up to explore new technology and methods, backed by a strong company like Sleep Number.”Abhishek, Director of Analytics