Senior Technical Product ManagerApply
The Senior Technical Product Manager (TPM) is a product leader with a strong systems background who is responsible for managing one or more technology products that support Sleep Number’s core organizational functions and business operations. The TPM understands the company’s technologies at a deep level, and interacts with the business and software engineering teams to drive the strategy, execution and delivery of the product. This role is open to a remote worker in the US, otherwise will reside at our Headquarters location in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Create product vision and roadmap, brings a product to life, and manages product operations
- Oversees the delivery of technology solutions with simple and intuitive user experiences; end-to-end, integrated business processes; and large-scale, complex business applications
- Act as the glue between business partners and technology organization. Partners with stakeholders to understand strategy and objectives, and builds sustainable solutions to deliver the business outcomes
- Provide deep subject matter expertise on processes and systems, brings outside industry perspective, thought leadership, and best practices to drive the product strategy
- Develop user stories, process flows, design documentation, test plans and other relevant artifacts facilitating end-to-end solution delivery
- Explore new ways of improving existing products and services leveraging market trends
- Work with innovation and experimentation mindset. Validates solutions using proof of concepts, and applies iterative, test and learn approach to drive continuous value
- Partner with Engineering, Architecture, Infrastructure, and other IT teams to plan, prioritize, and lead delivery on established timelines and budgets
- Provide product training for end users
Key Performance Indicators:
- Operational excellence of Sleep Number’s application platforms
- Deliver/enhance applications with high quality and customer delight
- Serves as mentor and coach to other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required. Master’s
- Deep functional expertise with Supply Chain (Manufacturing, Inventory, Logistics, Warehousing or Supply Chain Planning)
- Deep understanding of the system functionality, capabilities and features of Oracle E-business Suite or other major ERP platforms
- Experience in creating user stories, mockups and UI designs
- Develop, collect, and utilize metrics that drive continuous improvement of products’ effectiveness.
- Possess a strong understanding of information security and risk management principles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- Flexible availability required – business needs may require work during non-core business hours
- Typical office environment, requiring at least 8 hours standing or sitting
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative