Senior Software Engineer - CloudApply
You will serve as a technical expert focused on designing and building the next generation of cloud based applications at Sleep Number. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused digital products to delight our internal and external customers. You will be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, and partner closely with a team of technologists and product managers to develop innovative solutions and tools with a “customer first” mindset.
- Assess the IT system landscape and migrate applications / workloads to cloud service providers such as Azure or AWS.
- Serve as a technical expert leading the design, development, delivery, and support of applications with an agile mindset
- Collaborate with multiple teams to design and ship new features and enhancements
- Leverage cloud technologies to ensure the performance, quality, scalability, security and responsiveness of applications
- Provide clear communications to stakeholders regarding outcomes, timelines and issues
- Focus on enhancing the customer experience through applying User Centric design principles
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies, experiment, and drive innovations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Operational excellence of Sleep Number’s application platforms
- Deliver/enhance applications with high quality and customer delight
- Mentor/Coach team members to build software using industry leading practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required
- Progressive software development experience in Azure or similar cloud technologies to build applications
- Demonstrated success in building complex full stack responsive application utilizing Microsoft azure cloud technology
- Experience in Web and/or Mobile App development
- Expert in RESTful and microservices based design principles
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning of APIs
- Proficient with event driven platforms like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Pulsar
- Strong development background in UI/UX frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue.js
- Preferred software development experience supporting manufacturing, retail or supply chain operations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven track record and success with migrating and re-architecing on-premise applications to cloud based service providers, such as Azure or AWS
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative