Senior Software Engineer – Azure Cloud Application EngineerApply
Sleep Number team members are part of a passionate, purpose-driven culture that supports improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep. We are not just focused on our customers, however; being employed by Sleep Number means your personal wellbeing is important, too. As we continue to grow, we are looking for team members who will bring their unique personalities, backgrounds, and skills to work. Whether you are entering, returning, or experienced in the workforce, we have a place for you.
In our 35+ years in the industry we have improved over 13 million lives, and we are just getting started. With 5,000+ team members nationwide supporting work disciplines from technology to manufacturing, retail stores to field services technicians, corporate teams to customer service, we are a sleep innovation leader because of our team members. Now is a great time to join us as we invest further in our people and sleep innovation. #TeamSleepNumber
You will serve as a technical expert focused on designing and building the next generation of applications at Sleep Number. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating feature-rich, intuitive, experience-focused digital products to delight our internal and external customers. You will be able to work in an entrepreneurial environment, and partner closely with a team of technologists and product managers to develop innovative solutions and tools with a “customer first” mindset.
- Serves as a technical expert leading the design, development, delivery, and support of applications with an agile mindset
- Collaborate with multiple teams to design and ship new features and enhancements
- Ensure the performance, quality, scalability, security and responsiveness of applications
- Provide clear communications to stakeholders regarding outcomes, timelines and issues
- Focus on enhancing the customer experience through applying User Centric design principles
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies, experiment, and drive innovations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Operational excellence of Sleep Number’s application platforms
- Deliver/enhance applications with high quality and customer delight
- Mentor/Coach team members to build software using industry leading practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields required
- Progressive software development experience in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Experience in Web and/or Mobile App development
- Expert in RESTful and microservices based design principles
- Experience with performance profiling and tuning of APIs
- Proficient with event driven platforms like Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Pulsar
- Demonstrated success in building complex full stack responsive application utilizing Microsoft Azure cloud technology
- Strong development background in UI/UX frameworks such as ReactJS, Angular, Vue.js
- Preferred software development experience supporting manufacturing, retail or supply chain operations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Creative problem solver, with strong analytical skills
- Collaborative aptitude and experience working in a fast paced, ever-evolving environment
- Technical leadership experience on medium and large-scale initiatives is desired
- Experience working with agile/scrum methodology required
- Ability to organize, prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills across a variety of audiences, both technical and nontechnical
Pay & Benefits
WELLBEING AT SLEEP NUMBER, WITH SLEEP AT THE CENTER
Improving the health and wellbeing of society through higher quality sleep starts with you. We strive to infuse wellbeing into all aspects of our culture championing your emotional, financial, career, community, and physical health.
By joining Team Sleep Number, in addition to offering competitive pay programs, we are proud to offer eligible team members an extensive wellbeing package including, but not limited to comprehensive health plan options, 401(k) Plan with discretionary company match, incentive eligibility paid time off and much more:
- A free Sleep Number 360® Smart Bed for team members, and additional product discounts for friends and family throughout the year.
- Emotional wellbeing resources to help you balance life, such as free access to therapy, family care concierge and discounted childcare.
- Financial support when you need it the most - paid parental leave, time to recover from an illness or injury, and saving for lifes expected & unexpected adventures.
- Opportunities for connection in and outside of work through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council, and volunteerism in our communities.
- Career development supported by our tuition reimbursement program. and continuous learning and development opportunities.
- Work for your day flexibility, available for select corporate roles.
Safety is a top priority for Sleep Number supporting customers and team members wellbeing. COVID-19 Precaution(s) are in place consistent with CDC guidelines, U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), and state/local laws.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people and prohibit discrimination based on race, color, marital status, religion, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
It is Sleep Number’s policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities during the application process, consistent with applicable law. We may require supporting medical or religious documentation where applicable and permissible by law. If you are a qualified individual, you may request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the selection process, including if you are unable or otherwise limited in your ability to access open roles here.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative