Sr. Electrical Quality EngineerApply
Sleep Number is seeking a Senior Electrical Quality Engineer to join our growing and dynamic Quality team. This individual will tackle customer facing problems involving electronic components. He/she will work with assembled electronics and circuit board level components to collect data and reach root cause. They will lead projects to correct problems with Sleep Number internal teams and with upstream suppliers. This role will also be responsible for leading cross functional projects in support of warranty programs. This position will be essential in strategizing how to achieve company goals for both customer experience and company financials.
Lead warranty reduction projects around electronic components.
- Be familiar with a variety of tools such as: Six Sigma, 8-D, 5 Why’s, etc. – to solve assigned problems.
- Utilize familiar tools to analyze data and identify root causes of problems.
- Work with other functional areas, internal and external, to implement corrective actions.
- Help champion Six Sigma principles throughout the organization.
Advise New Product Introduction process around electrical components.
- Represent the voice of customer for known failure modes in new product development efforts.
- Provide electrical expertise in assessing the risk of new designs.
- Utilize Six Sigma tools such as DFMEA and PFMEA to help guide the development teams.
- Present recommendations to leadership.
Lead cross functional teams in continuous improvement efforts.
- Implement large scale organizational changes.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Influence key leadership and functional experts to make decisions strategic in nature, evaluate long-term consequences and relate to business strategy, financial performance and effective resource utilization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of work experience in supporting electronics manufacturing at circuit board and assembly level
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt Certified
- Experience driving root cause corrective action for system level and field failures
- Experience in Continuous Improvement
- Strong Project Management skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Certification in Design for Six Sigma or Reliability Engineering (CRE) or Quality Engineering (CQE)
- Trained in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Trained in Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong statistical background
- Strong desire to analyze data and solve problems
- Knowledge of fulfillment processes including transportation, warehousing, home delivery, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence
- Experience educating, coaching and mentoring others on Six Sigma philosophy and application
- Extensive knowledge in Excel, Visio, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Minitab, Access, and Project
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative