Senior Manager, DistributionApply
Sleep Number is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Distribution who will be responsible for establishing processes and best practices that directly support a key component of the value chain – outbound customer order fulfillment. This includes optimizing middle mile transportation, managing internal and 3PL provider relationships, sourcing and integrating final mile nodes, leveraging supply chain systems to track inventory assets, managing supplier performance, and supporting the home delivery logistics network.
This role exists to improve upon critical Sleep Number key performance indicators including first time complete, total cost of ownership, and net promotor score. The Senior Manager will leverage their industry-wide knowledge of various network models, supplier sourcing, distribution methodology, supply chain technologies, and lean practices to drive operational excellence, improve the customer experience, and to influence the evolution of Sleep Number’s supply chain.
- Set the vision and execute the middle mile logistics strategy within a regional ecosystem with a deep focus on improving First Time Complete metrics.
- Utilize all problem-solving methodologies (DMAIC, 5 ‘Whys’, Lean) to drive continuous improvement; achieve and sustain results.
- Apply supply chain best practices and seek out emerging industry concepts.
- Implement creative solves with new and existing logistics partners to optimize transportation (multi-stop truckload, milk runs, multi-modal, and beyond), constantly bringing new ideas to the forefront and challenging the status quo.
- Provide an upstream feedback loop to Assembly Distribution Center partners to improve First Pass Yield, and actively seek feedback from final mile stakeholders.
- Skillfully and effectively balance the needs of all internal stakeholders, staying connected and building relationships across the organization at all levels.
- Establish collaborative partnerships with inventory control, quality, transportation operations, reverse logistics, home delivery, IT, and finance to understand, measure, and improve upon total cost of ownership by identifying and reducing waste and inefficiencies.
- Solicit Voice-of-the-Customer feedback by establishing relationships with regional value stream partners in sales, store operations, home delivery and installation teams. Develop annual budgets and quarterly forecasts; understand and speak to the narrative driving specific cost behaviors.
- Scrupulously audit and authorize billing and invoicing in accordance to contractual agreements.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of financials.
- Develop and implement data analysis tools/techniques to effectively determine the root cause of inventory discrepancies, service failures, and inefficiencies to quantify and report all warehouse metrics and KPI’s
- Assist in facility start-ups, shut-downs and relocations, providing “boots on the ground” leadership.
- Create contracts with service providers that have strong and enforceable SLA terms, ensuring adherence.
- Conduct regular audits, documenting findings and making improvement suggestions. Ensure positive outcomes with subsequent follow-up and future audits.
- BS degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- MBA preferred
- 10+ years logistics experience with an emphasis on transportation, distribution, operations, and quality
- Multi-site ownership
- Expertise in warehouse management procedures and best practices.
- Hands on experience with warehouse and transportation management software and databases, preference with Oracle R12 and WMS, BluJay TMS
- Experience in consolidating facilities, new facility start-up, and facility shut-down
- 3-5 years in Project Management
- Six Sigma Black Belt strongly preferred
- Lean methodology
- Demonstrated competency as a change agent with the ability to manage and lead small teams and 3PLs
- Ability to use strong decision making and problem solving skills, logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solution, conclusions, or approaches to problems
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal), and leadership skills required in order to effectively communicate initiatives and drive key business initiatives through the leadership team, non-exempt populations, and cross functional teams
- The ability to adapt, learn and become proficient in multiple systems quickly
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills and the ability to drive results
- Proficient in the use of basic statistics, other analytical tools and Microsoft Office suite
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with good time management skills
- Ability to operate on tight deadlines with multiple priorities that are subject to frequent change
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative