Senior Infrastructure Automation/DevOps EngineerMinneapolis, MN Apply
The Sr. Automation Engineer’s primary function will be to advance the infrastructure teams from a traditional infrastructure methodology to an infrastructure as code approach. In this role at Sleep Number, you will be responsible for developing a self-service portal for server builds, providing an automated build and configuration process for BareMetal that is hardware agnostic and helping lead the hosting services team through the DevOPs journey. This is a unique opportunity for you to take your knowledge in this space and build something out, almost from scratch.
- Build out the automation for the hosting services team, which includes the Windows/Linux OS platforms, Storage platforms and DB platforms.
- Roadmap, architect, and collaborate with development teams to transition to an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Assist with the design and building of reliable, fault tolerant cloud infrastructure following industry best practices.
- Perform hands on management of cloud infrastructure
- Thought leader across multiple teams and technologies to drive change into teams to move towards and infrastructure as code approach.
- Build out a service centric model for shared infrastructure services.
- Provide coaching and recommendations for Agile methodologies
- Operational support of core infrastructure services
- 5+ years of server OS automation experience
- 5+ years of infrastructure automation experience
- 2+ years cloud experience
- 4 years college degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years total work experience
- Has knowledge of state-of-the art cloud development practices in both private and public clouds and experience leveraging modern development practices with Python, Ruby or equivalent languages
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Chef and Ansible
- Experience in Linux and familiar with building private cloud infrastructure
- Experienced in Infrastructure as Code practices and in applying test driven development practices to infrastructure
- Excited to work in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience with open source technologies such as Telegraf, InfluxDB, Grafana, Mongo, Postgres, etc.
- Experience with CICD tools such as Jenkins or Drone
- Experience with containerization technologies
Working Conditions (if applicable):
- M-F Day shift.
- Rotational On-call
- Off hours Production maintenance windows.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative