Senior Human Resources Business PartnerMinneapolis, MN Apply
This position of the Senior Human Resource Business Partner will serve as a key partner for our Assembly Distribution Center (ADC) and Bedding Collection Fulfillment Center (BCFC) network. This role will be directly responsible for the startup/opening responsibilities and ongoing support for our Baltimore, California, Dallas and Chicago ADC locations in addition to our Minneapolis facilities. This HRBP will partner with key business leaders and our Irmo and Salt Lake City HRBPs. This position will have the exciting opportunity to play a key project management role in the opening of the remaining facilities guiding all cross functional partners and stakeholders. In addition to the opening responsibilities, this role will support ongoing projects and programs focused on the many growing and incremental capabilities within Supply Chain while also providing dedicated HR support to assist each ADC Site Leader with their talent 365 strategy and ensuring consistency and scalability among all sites. This position will utilize functional/technical expertise, as well as Sleep Number leadership behaviors, to develop, implement, manage and continuously improve strategies and tactics related to organizational effectiveness, talent management, employee engagement, retention, performance management and compensation. This role also works to ensure organizational talent is prepared to deliver exceptional performance, through partnership with business leaders and by building strong organizational capabilities and culture as we continue to evolve our Supply Chain network evolution.
- Team Member Relations: Respond to team member concerns and provide employee relations guidance to managers to ensure effective application of company policies/procedures and company culture and minimize legal risks, complaints, charges and turnover. Investigate root causes of employee relations issues and develop strategies to address/reduce them. Serve as a subject matter expert for federal and state regulations and ensure accurate and appropriate strategies and tactics are in place. Demonstrate balanced advocacy for employees and the business.
- Talent Management: Ensure organizational talent is prepared to deliver exceptional performance, through partnership with business leaders and by building strong organizational capabilities and culture. Develop, implement and manage organizational programs relative to employee development, retention, performance management, onboarding, career development, and succession planning, to ensure a talent pipeline that will successfully enable current strategies and future growth.
- Organization Effectiveness: Partner with leaders and HR partners to proactively identify job/organization design opportunities that increase organization effectiveness and prepare the business to drive/support future growth. Employ change leadership and team effectiveness principles to help teams better ensure success of new programs, structures, etc.
- Talent Acquisition: Partner with hiring managers to evaluate talent needs and ensure acceptable staffing levels (current and future). Partner with talent acquisition for interviewing and selection to ensure a consistent, high quality talent pipeline. Assist hiring managers with the effective use of selection processes, selection criteria and onboarding tools.
- Communication: Understand stakeholder perspectives at multiple leadership levels and partner with organizational leaders to ensure proactive, effective communication strategies and processes for issues or situations of varying complexity.
- Culture: Assess alignment and support for company mission, values and strategies; provide recommendations to managers on how to respond to emerging workplace trends and or how to address employee needs or issues with balance for both legal compliance and culture. Assist in implementation of employee engagement surveys, feedback sessions and action planning. Actively personify and advocate for the company’s culture, brand and values.
- Process Improvement: Identify, advocate for and implement HR best practices across all areas of the business; simplify or reduce non-value added processes. Help business units identify and resolve opportunities for increased efficiency or decreased beuracracy. Enable and ensure compliance in regulated practices pertinent to department. Advocate for employee involvement and empowerment in decision making.
Experience, Education & Certifications:
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources, preferably as an HR Generalist serving many levels of leaders and various team member populations
- Proven experience interacting and influencing all levels of organization with confidence, building trust and rapport. Is capable of providing courageous and decisive advice, including advance team member relations
- Experience and strength in managing change leadership in high-growth, cross-functional organization
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area (Business, HR, Communications, etc.)
- SPHR desired
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of organization with confidence, building trust and rapport. Can provide courageous and decisive advice.
- Experience with demonstrated ability to establish and
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations. Understands and considers broad implications of business unit needs or decisions
- Can maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity.
- Remains calm under pressure and is able to lead thru difficult (i.e. emotional, complex, legal) situations.
- Strong time management and project management abilities.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (particularly Microsoft Office).
- Highly proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Available on nights and weekends for urgent situations.
Working Conditions :
- Market travel approximately 50% for startup and approximately 30% for ongoing support
- Available on nights and weekends for urgent situations
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Recently Viewed jobs
No jobs have been viewed recently.
Sorry, you do not have any saved jobs.
“Sleep is integral to a happy healthy lifestyle and it has such a huge impact on everyday life. Sleep Number is a unique company to work for because you’re truly helping people.”Sophia, Customer Service Representative